Argentina re-opening international flights in August!

because the iberia flight is a "special flight" they wont do it
I can just get a refund on it any way
Are you sure? The current flights in September are still commercial and not special. Technically. They are on sale online. If you can get on the flight on the 4 or 7 of September and are confirmed you will fly. Those will eventually turn into special but confirmed passengers eligible to travel to Argentina will fly. What you say was true for August but not in September.
Just wondering if BA told you they cannot put you on an Iberia flight in September. That would be an interesting data point. It seems like Iberia will be operating the Madrid-BA flight 2x week — Fridays and Mondays. Interesting data point. There will likely be 3 flights every Friday from Madrid. One Iberia, One Air Europa and one Aerolíneas.

Are you sure? The current flights in September are still commercial and not special. Technically. They are on sale online. If you can get on the flight on the 4 or 7 of September and are confirmed you will fly. Those will eventually turn into special but confirmed passengers eligible to travel to Argentina will fly. What you say was true for August but not in September.
Just wondering if BA told you they cannot put you on an Iberia flight in September. That would be an interesting data point. It seems like Iberia will be operating the Madrid-BA flight 2x week — Fridays and Mondays. Interesting data point. There will likely be 3 flights every Friday from Madrid. One Iberia, One Air Europa and one Aerolíneas.
Air Europa (UX) announced today they will not be coming back to Argentina in SEP.
"Special flights" continue to be the only option through SEP and according to ministry of health and transport sources, indicate this will continue until at least NOV-ish. Additional frequencies were requested by some airlines to increase activity of their existing "special flights" in SEP, but all were denied. Not sure about IB and any additional MAD frequencies.

Air Europa (UX) announced today they will not be coming back to Argentina in SEP.
"Special flights" continue to be the only option through SEP and according to ministry of health and transport sources, indicate this will continue until at least NOV-ish. Additional frequencies were requested by some airlines to increase activity of their existing "special flights" in SEP, but all were denied. Not sure about IB and any additional MAD frequencies.
I am on one of the Iberia flights. Sep 4. Fingers crossed.

I didnt try for sept in the end, Im sick of calling BA and being on hold for up to an hour to get through. In the end once I get the refund on my flight it should only be a few $100 extra.

I didnt try for sept in the end, Im sick of calling BA and being on hold for up to an hour to get through. In the end once I get the refund on my flight it should only be a few $100 extra.
I hear ya. Hopefully no more changes due to cancelations. Now we need to prepare for the 14 day quarantine once in BA argh

American Airlines has requested to fly in September, starting September 10, the MIA-EZE-MIA route.
EZE-MIA (Thur and Sat) 10,12,17,19,24,26
MIA-EZE (Wed and Fri) 11,16, 18,23,25,30

Subject to approval from ANAC.

Just heard that AA's September Miami-BsAs flights are only for residents, and will operate with Argentine personnel. The country is still shut tight, so commercial service has to wait.

Just heard that AA's September Miami-BsAs flights are only for residents, and will operate with Argentine personnel. The country is still shut tight, so commercial service has to wait.
Yes all flights in September will continue as they are now. Only residents or Argentines can fly to BA. On the way out to Miami, however, anyone can go. The US does not restrict access based on residency as long as you are admissible.

Hi just wanted to confirm, has anyone actually taken one of the aerolíneas argentinas flights? I'm a resident and can enter but are these flights actually running?

These are all special flights and are indeed running.
I’ve already sold space on previous special flights to Miami and Cancun. (All the Cancún pax were actually going to the US, this was simply what was available that week).

I have several clients flying tonight, will confirm once they’re airborne. Some are simply regular visa-holders, not resident or anything.

Back