Argentina ready to cut deal with Iran, to forget about the bombings

Do I really have to point out how far fetched your reasoning is?

1. The only "evidence" there is that Hezbollah is responsible are three witnesses that FBI managed to produce decades after the bombing. How reliable is that?

2. As you clearly have pointed out, Hezbollah receives funding from Iran. They don't take orders from Iran. Thus if this Lebanese guy really was responsible (even if there is no evidence for it), the Argentine government should be directing their blame towards Lebanon and not Iran. At least primarily (which they are not).

xibeca said:
Do I really have to point out how far fetched your reasoning is?

1. The only "evidence" there is that Hezbollah is responsible are three witnesses that FBI managed to produce decades after the bombing. How reliable is that?

2. As you clearly have pointed out, Hezbollah receives funding from Iran. They don't take orders from Iran. Thus if this Lebanese guy really was responsible (even if there is no evidence for it), the Argentine government should be directing their blame towards Lebanon and not Iran. At least primarily (which they are not).

First, I do not know for certain that Hezbollah carried out the bombings only that sufficient evidence exists for an indictment and trial, where innocence or guilt is established. And that the existing evidence makes it entirely plausible that Iran was responsible, although I would be the first to admit that the investigation has been hampered by incompetence in the initial stages...one of the few things Nestor K. said with which I agree...

What I do know, based on numerous published reports, is that in addition to the witnesses you mention:

1. Telemundo and NBC news have established that Hezbollah has a base of operations in the Triborder area. Their independent investigation confirms what intelligence agencies have said for years.

2. The bombings in Buenos Aires were carefully orchestrated and required a good bit of funding and operational planning.

3. Interpol, among others, has issued arrest warrants for several Iranians whom it alleges did a good bit more than provide funding for Hezbollah in Lebanon. Hezbollah was created by Iran and Iran maintained operational control of Hezbollah,including on-site leadership, during the years in which the bombings were carried out. The avowed intent of the Iranians was to export the Iranian (read Shia) revolution to other regions. All this makes it entirely plausible that Hezbollah was responsible for carrying out the attacks and that the attacks were ordered by Iran.

4. I assume, though I cannot know this for certain, that Argentina's investigators, Mossad, Interpol and American intelligence agencies have not revealed all the evidence they have gathered. We know only what has been reported in newspapers.

Let guilt or innocence be established in court....

You wrote:
marksoc said:
To be fair, a good 35-40% of Israelis are against the Occupation and the killing of Palestinians for nothing, but it is not enough.
I then asked you:
bernardinho1961 said:
Hmm. Interesting stat - Where do you get this data? Do you really mean to assert that 60-65% of Israelis are in favor of the killing of Palestinians for nothing? Or is this just the % in favor of the occupation? I'm confused.

Tell us, what % of Gazans are against the existence of the state of Israel and the killing of jews for nothing? What % of Palestinians are ? What % of members of Hezbollah and of Hamas are? What % of the population of the constituent states of the OIC in the UN are.....or is that just the % of them against the existence of the state of Israel however its borders are drawn?
Please let me know if you don't understand my questions. After all, I want to be fair.

to which you now reply:
marksoc said:
It is not relevant, since Israel is the one that decides what will happen in the Occupied Territories (since they are... occupied). If the israeli population chooses a two state solution, it is what will be. The last time an important israeli politician tried to make the 2-state solution a reality, he was murdered (Rabin, aji anajnu zojrim otja) If you want to know percentages, look at the results of the israeli elections, since it is a democracy. Most of the people voted for Netanyahu and Lieberman last time. Maybe things will change after the current bad times in the country in great part brought by the Net-beirman administration, but I am not very optimistic.
This answer is an evasive non-sequitor.
You were asked if you meant to say that 65% of Israelis are in favor of the occupation AND the killing of Palestinians for nothing. You neglected to answer. Do you really mean to infer that 65% of all Israelis are in favor of the killing of Palestinians for nothing or is that just the % in favor of the occupation? Please clarify...for the sake of fairness.
You were asked what % of Gazans, Hamas, Hezbollah, Palestinians, and the OIC constituent population were in favor of the elimination of the state of Israel AND the killing of Israelis for nothing. You refused to address that question too. Would you be willing to suggest a % of those entites that simply favor the elimination of the state of Israel? How about the % of those entites that also favor the killing of Israelis for nothing...for the sake of fairness.?

This answer is an evasive non-sequitor.
You were asked if you meant to say that 65% of Israelis are in favor of the occupation AND the killing of Palestinians for nothing. You neglected to answer. Do you really mean to infer that 65% of all Israelis are in favor of the killing of Palestinians for nothing or is that just the % in favor of the occupation? Please clarify...for the sake of fairness.
You were asked what % of Gazans, Hamas, Hezbollah, Palestinians, and the OIC constituent population were in favor of the elimination of the state of Israel AND the killing of Israelis for nothing. You refused to address that question too. Would you be willing to suggest a % of those entites that simply favor the elimination of the state of Israel? How about the % of those entites that also favor the killing of Israelis for nothing...for the sake of fairness.?
I dunno, I really don´t know. I wrote that is not relevant because Israel is the one that decides what will happen, and because as an Israeli I am concerned with Israel, not what Hamasniks say in public (that is not the same to what they think, as all politicians, they tend to be pragmatic). If you are a Pali and support Fatah or Abbas, probably you want a 2-state solution. The main point of conflict for years was the "right of return" for those displaced in 1948, but since Israelis choose Net-bierman as their government, with their drive to occupy territory with facts, the "right of return" maybe will be given only lip service in a future final negotiation. There will always be bitternes and thoughts of revenge by both sides, but I was there in 1999 when the "New Middle East" was in full swing and both Palestinians and Israelis were travelling in each other "countries" thinking that it was all over (still, settlements continued growing). A kind of peace was achieved before, it can happen again.

About the Israelis: yep, the majority seems to be in favor of the Occupation, many consider the territories to be part of "historic" Israel (as much as what is written in the Bible and a pre-Christ era multi-ethnic kingdom can be considered as an historic "country"). You would be surprised to hear the terrible things Israelis say when you can understand Hebrew, racism is the norm in many areas of the country, and Jewish-Palestinian are considered as ethnic-national categories (even when Mizrahi Jews are in fact Arab-Jews). Do not think for a moment that Israelis are more enlightened than Hammas supporters. It is a democracy all right, but only if a Jewish majority can be sustained. Every time a census appears, your hear again callings for transfers of the Israeli-Arab population, giving some Arab towns to the future Palestinian State, and discussions that belong to the early 20th Century. Of course killing people with a drone with your joystick while you sip a capuccino in a Tel Aviv military compound seems to produce less indignation than a terrorist suicide-bomber, maybe it is the illusion of accuracy, but in the ground the results are the same.

Btw, even Hammas is preocupied by the extremism in Gaza derived from the blockade: believe it or not,they are trying to fend-off Al-Kaida supporters in their own turf. If things continue this day, we will find ourselves yearning for the Hammas days.

Back