Argentina stuck in the 1960's?

This is a good thing... Prices too high - either they get prices down or people eat less meat which is probably OK from a health perspective.

Not because many became Vegans but Pork meat consumption Exploded and Others replaced meat with pasta and rice plus other carbos

I am definitely seeing more overweight people who seem to load up on simple carbs like rice, bread, pasta, pizza etc because its cheap.. Not good

Then there are those who just eat and drink too much while sitting on their arse all day! :)

Is that the voice of experience?

The wife is always saying I should eat more. I must admit I do like a beer during the hot weather and wine with my meal...rarely drink sugary fizzy drinks though. I'm fortunate that I've stayed the same weight, give or take a few lbs, for the last 40 odd years. Genes maybe?

I'm doing all i can!!!!! but we have to many deserters , if this keeps up , we are either gonna get overrun by vegan hippies or cattle, come on people!

Really, closing of Frigorificos and feedlots offering discounts to send your cattle..! Less Parrillas, butcher shops selling mostly chicken and pork chops..!

Despite the pandemic my butcher,fishmonger,plumber and electrician have all *ucked off to Mar del Plata. That got me remembering what the Glasgow Fair summer holiday fortnight used to be lke when many people went to Blackpool for two weeks at the seaside. Thankfully those days are long gone in Glasgow. Starting in the 70's most workers were happy to spread their holiday allocation throughout the year thus allowing businesses to stay open.

Have to say it's just another example of why Argentina is firmly stuck in the past.
It's also known as tradition. In Argentina, it is unheard of not to go on vacations in January. You save every penny, no matter what, to do so. And city dwellers will give up anything to go to the seashore, drive in traffic ridden highways over 5 hours, even if for just the weekend. It is imbedded in the Argentinian. It is their way of life.

In Argentina, Gillette is running a series of commercials with a macho guy strutting around shaving finished off by being embraced by a googled eyed adoring lady. In the USA this would never be allowed. Last year Gillette debuted a series of commercials in the USA that criticized masculinity and featured a transgender adolescent learning to shave. Maybe Argentina is stuck in the 60's, but in a good way.
Remember you are talking about a country deep in macho culture from tango and milonga. Modern-day trends will find their way surely, but where tradition is strong, it will take longer.

In Argentina, Gillette is running a series of commercials with a macho guy strutting around shaving finished off by being embraced by a googled eyed adoring lady. In the USA this would never be allowed. Last year Gillette debuted a series of commercials in the USA that criticized masculinity and featured a transgender adolescent learning to shave. Maybe Argentina is stuck in the 60's, but in a good way.

You have to first clearly get the perspective inside your head. There are approximately 200 countries in the world. USA is just one of the 200. Every country may not necessarily be doing what USA is doing. Neither USA is centre of the universe.

Back