Argentina suspends beef exports for 30 days

Sorry, scales are made in cities. :)

But I want cheap tomatoes and a free scale!

I will vote for whichever candidate promises to nationalize that evil company and gives me a free scale; and promises to impose provincial tomato export restrictions so I can have cheap tomatoes in my village. Afterall, why shouldn't I have a free scale? I deserve it. Those 'vultures' should be forced to give me one.

Why do I care if it destroys the entire economy, the legitimacy of my province, forces unfairness upon the hardworking people who built the scale factory, is completely unethical, and harmful in the long-run to my province.

But I want cheap tomatoes and a free scale!

I will vote for whichever candidate promises to nationalize that evil company and gives me a free scale; and promises to impose provincial tomato export restrictions so I can have cheap tomatoes in my village. Afterall, why shouldn't I have a free scale? I deserve it. Those 'vultures' should be forced to give me one.

Why do I care if it destroys the entire economy, the legitimacy of my province, forces unfairness upon the hardworking people who built the scale factory, is completely unethical, and harmful in the long-run to my province.

I guess I could just build myself a scale and grow some tomatoes if I want them, but why should I make the effort?

After all, all I have to do is pretend that I am weak, helpless and totally incompetent.. and the corrupt politicians will offer to steal things from hard working people, and give it to me in exchange for my loyalty and votes in the next election.

FYI: this is the part of the conversation where the apologists for the corrupt regime tell me I'm 'snarky' and that I don't understand the complexities of the problem. They will say that Argentina is just too unique and complex and that I just don't get it.

Redpossum, you’re trying to stop the thread faster than Godwin’s law allows,

Redpossum, you’re trying to stop the thread faster than Godwin’s law allows,

Lol. Its ok Frank.

Hey Red- I'm thinking of running for office once I get my citizenship (joke). I'll give you all the 'salt' you want.. You know... in exchange for your vote. After all, when in Argentina...do as the Argentines...

Back