Argentina: Tierra Amor y Venganza - Cristina strikes again?

https://www.infobae.com/politica/20...finir-si-mantiene-un-embargo-de-900-millones/

36 properties and many fancy Porche’s and fast cars. Not bad for a state employee who worked most of his career as a secretary! Think I need a career change....

Maybe it goes some way to explaining the economic extortion motive the investigation announced, alongside the crime of passion motive that lead to the man be brutally tortured, killed and disfigured by no less than four young men. Polyamor or an abusive casual sex partner who mistreated his lover so bad he felt compelled to end the cycle once and for all? All will be revealed on the next episode.

Meanwhile when a journalist asks the chief of cabinet Santiago Cafiero how a former state employee could possibly make so much money, he sparks rage and gets savagely attacked with political slogans about about dishonest media. I thought media were allowed to ask questions in a democracy?

https://www.infobae.com/politica/20...uerte-del-ex-secretario-de-cristina-kirchner/

Seemingly the victim Gutierrez had a Double Life entertaining young lads with gifts etc. Would bet these four aren't the only ones in town to receive his favors in trade...!
"Nadie resiste los archivos.." Means the past archives will condemn you

Seemingly the victim Gutierrez had a Double Life entertaining young lads with gifts etc. Would bet these four aren't the only ones in town to receive his favors in trade...!
"Nadie resiste los archivos.." Means the past archives will condemn you
If I was the author of this story, my next chapter would probably feature a sob story about "poor young youth(s)" being sexually exploited and abused with friends coming to help. The age and victimisation of the perpetrator(s) will reduce their sentence, as the prosecution and judge already made statements the day that they were arrested alluding to these being "complicating factors".

Fast forward a few years and they will be out free and get to enjoy whatever they were promised as payment in return for their services. A lifetime of fast cars, houses, millions of dollars and a Calafate business empire of their own.

In the meantime, you can bet your bottom dollar that anyone else at this moment thinking about testifying against Momma-K at Comodoro Py will surely think twice. Crime of passion and extortion or not.

Of course i agree with your view that free press and investigative reporting are essential in a functioning society / democracy.

The point here is: it doesnt really matter here in Argentina. Lets just assume for the sale of argument there would be a 100% prove that K is behind this murder: it wouldn’t change one single thing. They wouldnt lose one single vote over this. Peronism is like a sectarian movement.

so as antipodean said in his initial post: the whole thing is nothing like a pop corn show.
It's incredible that people continue to vote for a political party that put this country to it's knees for over 40 years. This is the reason this country will never change.

It's incredible that people continue to vote for a political party that put this country to it's knees for over 40 years. This is the reason this country will never change.
Peron Peron.. que grande Sos ....! Marcha Peronista on the Background..!

https://www.infobae.com/politica/20...cion-politica-que-descarto-alberto-fernandez/

Realizing that some of the cases are closer to having a trial date set combined with the dawning reality that this government may easily lose the next elections, the risk of finally ending up behind bars feels much closer if the cases cannot be annulled on some technicality beforehand. So what's a girl to do? Ask for a Presidential pardon.

Well, Albie shut down the idea of a Presidential pardon saying that she should just focus on providing proof that she is innocent. Easier said than done, perhaps. Plus the fact that (apparently) according to the law a sentence must first be final to be able to issue a pardon. Meaning that the clock is ticking before she ends up having to go to trial as a defendant where things will get very awkward indeed. Avoid at all costs.

Watch this space. My suspicion is that we are in for some more dramatic twists and turns over the coming weeks while we are all distracted getting our hair cut and enjoying our new found freedom but trying to dodge a killer virus out in the wild.

Last edited:
If you can't do a pardon, you can "reform" the court. Don't feel like you have enough judges "on your side"? No problem, just create new vacancies to hire new judges who will trail your friends.

I would be amongst the first to agree that the Argentine legal system is unnecessarily complicated. However given the amount of political interference in the judiciary and given the fact that the current vice-president is facing serious corruption charges at the Supreme Court (Comodoro Py), the timing for any attempt to change that court is simply unethical. Further given the epic economic and social crisis this country is facing, legal "reform" is being given the highest priority - it makes no sense unless there is an ulterior motive.

If the objective is to ensure the "integrity" of the court system, perhaps political reform and curbs on political power is needed before judicial reform to ensure true independence of the legal system...

I saw this youtube clip of Espert. I wouldn’t be that surprised if he had an accident at one point this or next year.

One only offs those who know too much and who could have loose lips at the wrong moment... anything in the name of maintaining impunity... almost as if it were a lifestyle choice...

Back