Argentina: Tierra Amor y Venganza - Cristina strikes again?

The next chapter in the corruption case of the century..

Lazaro Baez, the defendant and witness implicated in the laundering of K money, to get home detention in Pilar after all.

Just a few days before this however the home of his son in sleepy old Rio Gallegos gets a few bullets through the window in a drive by shooting. Even in this country of countless of "violent coincidences" with anything to do with the business dealings of the K's, this could only be described as a mafia style message. Forget a multi-million dollar bail sum when your child's life is the insurance policy. In another coincidence a week ago the kid's truck was broken into and the transcript of the plea/ testimony he is to deliver at the trial about the K money was stolen.

Last edited:
The next chapter in the corruption case of the century..

Lazaro Baez, the defendant and witness implicated in the laundering of K money, to get home detention in Pilar after all.

Just a few days before this however the home of his son in sleepy old Rio Gallegos gets a few bullets through the window in a drive by shooting. Even in this country of countless of "violent coincidences" with anything to do with the business dealings of the K's, this could only be described as a mafia style message. Forget a multi-million dollar bail sum when your child's life is the insurance policy. In another coincidence a week ago the kid's truck was broken into and the transcript of the plea/ testimony he is to deliver at the trial about the K money was stolen.

Bad bad well, not to worry before long the cases against her and Baez will be shelved and dismissed..!

The neighbours of his "country" in Pilar rioted and stopped Baez from accessing, so he went back to prison to sort out somewhere else to live. Hopefully this (and the recent mass protests we have seen) is a promising sign of things to come where the people finally say enough is enough of the endemic corruption and shameless impunity and start to impede the perpetrators rather than just bang pots.

News just coming in that someone threw a Molotov cocktail over the walls of Olivos. With most of the police in Provincia out protesting, one needs to wonder if we are now reaching Brazil-style boiling point where the people have simply had enough... one brazen act can often inspire another.

The neighbors of his "country" in Pilar rioted and stopped Baez from accessing, so he went back to prison to sort out somewhere else to live. Hopefully this (and the recent mass protests we have seen) is a promising sign of things to come where the people finally say enough is enough of the endemic corruption and shameless impunity and start to impede the perpetrators rather than just bang pots.

This reaction by neighbors isn't unique I recall neighbors protesting in Manhattan against a movie star moving into their building ,
News just coming in that someone threw a Molotov cocktail over the walls of Olivos. With most of the police in Provincia out protesting, one needs to wonder if we are now reaching Brazil-style boiling point where the people have simply had enough... one brazen act can often inspire another.

Maybe Duhalde knew something...?

All is not well in the sleepy south of Argentina and its most (in)famous family leading to thousands of people in Rio Gallegos to take to the streets.

Marcela López, a mother and 61 year old resident of Rio Gallegos has been disappeared since May. The last sight of her was on CCTV footage where she goes running frantically down the street never to be seen of again, leaving behind her cell phone, wallet or car keys.

Her ex-partner, Mario Balado, a La Campora militant and former advisor to Frente de Todos, and recent visitor to the Casa Rosada, is the administrator of the vast estates of Maximo and Florencia Kirchner, Cristina's children.

The daughter together with a private canine search team allegedly found bundles of dollars and a charred human jaw bone, ashes and hair at a semi-abandoned house belonging to José Luis Balado who invited them in, Marcela's ex-partner and uncle of Mario Balado. Upon making the find, José fainted and proceeded to lawyer up, refusing further searches, while that night the boxes with the cash were later seen on video being loaded into a car and taken away.

The investigation launched was referred to Judge Valería López Lestón, second cousin of Nestór Kirchner and current governor of Santa Cruz, Alicia Kirchner. Despite an absence of evidence, the judge insists Marcela committed suicide by jumping into the sea. She also insists that the dollars and jawbone were never found and CCTV footage have been erased by co-incidence. The same judge has a history of censoring local media and news headlines and refuses to give up the case despite accusations of potential conflict of interest.

Recently recordings surfaced from June where José tells Marcela's daughter: "There are things your mother had to talk about with you and I can't tell you now. Justice here is bought, I already tell you, the Police may be bought. I'll explain, I have my nephew who is Máximo Kirchner's secretary, I found out and they are going to give help, but limited help because they don't want the surname of Máximo Kirchner's attorney to appear. Do you understand what I'm saying? "

There is a recent theory that this is a kidnapping and Marcela may still be with us, but 100+ days later no ransom demand has been made known.

Yet another name on the long list of people who "got too close" to the Kirchner family who either disappeared or met an untimely end? Or just another random crime with coincidental links to this family in the vast treasure island of Santa Cruz?

Back