Argentina Will Make Chinese Planes

What does China gain from this?
A new market. Many countries have expressed interest, but so far, only Pakistan has bought this plane. It seems that performance is not that great, and manufacturing quality is shady. But at US$10 million a pop, it is an amazingly inexpensive plane. Just to give you an idea, a F-16 goes for about US$60 million. But you do get what you pay for.

Is Argentina planning to rebuild their airforce?

As long as Cristina is in power, I doubt it. Seems more like a move to get everything aligned for AFTER she leaves.

What is Argentina offering? Cheaper manufacturing costs, technology or know-how? I hardly think so.
To market and service the plane in Latin America. That is a big deal, as China lacks a robust post-sale infrastructure. Planes are complex pieces of hardware that require lots of maintenance and with that, sophisticated shops, tooling and a good stock of spare parts nearby. If you were Bolivia and wanted to buy a cheap fighter jet, you need to look beyond the price tag. is there anyone nearby who can service your planes? Can they provide training to your mechanics and have spare parts readily available? Or do I need to ship my planes all the way to China for major maintenance? I think with this partnership, Argentina hopes to address this issue.

well
argentina had american and french figther jets and, peru soviet.
but I find difficult, usa selling argentina something newer than a Douglas A4B as they did sell to Menen. Remember?
So forget of an F16 for this country for shure, as for bolivia, ecuador, venezuela or nicaragua.

Sounds cool, I did read about it in the newspaper, while on my way to Rosario in the bullet train.

More seriously, we can expect to see China being present more and more in Argentina (and in the Mercosur + Mexico) in order to profit from the free markets (including NAFTA). China is also expected to replace the EU as the second commercial partner of Latin America.

I wonder how the US will react to that in the coming years (Kerry, not long ago, named Latin America as "the US backyard", like in the good ol'times..
I didn't know Rosario~BsAs bullet trains were operational already, good to know, now I can get to try the Argie high velocity train.! Also, yeah you are right about PRC will have deep footing into Argentina pretty soon. PRC is investing to the global locales wherever that country might be, at least they can provide, the Petrol / NG and source of Soya provider as well. Will exploit those countries to the best to their benefit, Argentina watch out,don't take their hand outs easily, its gonna cost you dearly, you're very soon be owned by the communist china....In next 20 years time, PRC is going to be the ruler of the world..EU,US + Japan all combined GDPs will be passed by PRC. Mammoth achievement but it will be duly noted!..Also to add. Pretty soon, all Chinese will be buying up all your pretty 1900 fashioned Paris fashioned real Estates properties in one big stroke...So get ahold of your properties now before the Chinese buyers arriving in droves. PRC, has ammased huge amount of doughs, mainly given from the USA after Nixon opened the relation with the Red China...

I didn't know Rosario~BsAs bullet trains were operational already, good to know, now I can get to try the Argie high velocity train.! Also, yeah you are right about PRC will have deep footing into Argentina pretty soon. PRC is investing to the global locales wherever that country might be, at least they can provide, the Petrol / NG and source of Soya provider as well. Will exploit those countries to the best to their benefit, Argentina watch out,don't take their hand outs easily, its gonna cost you dearly, you're very soon be owned by the communist china....In next 20 years time, PRC is going to be the ruler of the world..EU,US + Japan all combined GDPs will be passed by PRC. Mammoth achievement but it will be duly noted!..Also to add. Pretty soon, all Chinese will be buying up all your pretty 1900 fashioned Paris fashioned real Estates properties in one big stroke...So get ahold of your properties now before the Chinese buyers arriving in droves. PRC, has ammased huge amount of doughs, mainly given from the USA after Nixon opened the relation with the Red China...

Better Communist china than Capitalist Neo-Liberal Pigs USA!
5KEP7jR.gif

Found it interesting that the same day I start reading this thread, http://www.boilingfrogspost.com/2013/07/26/the-two-faux-democracies-threaten-life-on-earth/#more-22947 shows up also.

Minor correction - the Concorde crashed because it ran over a piece of metal strip that detached from an aircraft departing in front of it. The metal strip punctured one of the tires that exploded. Tire debris impacted the underside of the wing puncturing the fuel tank. Fuel spilling from the tank ignited on the port engines causing the fire that you see in the photos. Further, the spilling fuel cut the fuel supply for the port engines, each one in turn losing power and shutting down. It was a heroic job by the pilots as they almost made the field at Le Bourget with seriously degraded power and flight controls in a very unstable aircraft.

As a former tactical pilot I would never fly a Chinese-made aircraft - or Pakistani designed/built aircraft either. If I had a choice to go into combat with 5 FC1's or 1 Chilean F-16 Block 52 I would pick the F-16. China may get better at designing and building complex machinery in the future.

Yes, Argentine A-4's are still flying. But so are F4U Corsairs, P-51 Mustangs, and Stearman's. I have friends who drive Argie A-4's and those things are completely coming apart. I would never get in one and I'd give my left *** to get back into the seat.

Minor correction - the Concorde crashed because it ran over a piece of metal strip that detached from an aircraft departing in front of it. The metal strip punctured one of the tires that exploded. Tire debris impacted the underside of the wing puncturing the fuel tank. Fuel spilling from the tank ignited on the port engines causing the fire that you see in the photos. Further, the spilling fuel cut the fuel supply for the port engines, each one in turn losing power and shutting down. It was a heroic job by the pilots as they almost made the field at Le Bourget with seriously degraded power and flight controls in a very unstable aircraft.

As a former tactical pilot I would never fly a Chinese-made aircraft - or Pakistani designed/built aircraft either. If I had a choice to go into combat with 5 FC1's or 1 Chilean F-16 Block 52 I would pick the F-16. China may get better at designing and building complex machinery in the future.

Yes, Argentine A-4's are still flying. But so are F4U Corsairs, P-51 Mustangs, and Stearman's. I have friends who drive Argie A-4's and those things are completely coming apart. I would never get in one and I'd give my left *** to get back into the seat.
_China may get better at designing and building complex machinery in the future._
>PRC at very advanced stage already, why not? they don't develop any technology internally, they steal everything from advanced democratic countries. Why spend huge amount and time & effort in R&D, when their army of hackers can infiltrate any corporation in the free world and reap, er, steal it.

Watch and see,the brits never thought the argie air force was gonna be able to adapt the exocett to the superetendart with no instruction or manuals or codes,yet somehow they made it work.I wouldn't laugh to much about this,we might end up like the germans of ww2 laughing at our sherman tanks(wich were the biggest pos ever to rolled out of a US manufacturing plant)No doubt the panthers were superior machines but we made to many pos and the germans couldn't keep up production.In short there ain't no small enemies.

Back