Argentina's Sergio "Kün" Agüero becomes a god in Manchester, England

glasgowjohn said:
just some texts I received from the uk

Alex Ferguson says Man City have bought the title. Cost of starting City team = £161m. Cost of starting United team = £169m

What matters is when you bought it and for how long you had it.

If he bought Giggs and Scholes £100m or whatever number, it can't be compared to Aguero and Balotelli that have been there for one or two years..

Amargo said:
Should I post a list of all Argentina-related articles in the UK of the last weeks? I am not Argentine, all I can say is that the UK seems to have a strange obsession with Argentina.

As for the Kun, a man who is worth a championship title, he was not even included in this year's BBC's team. Unbelievable.

Seriously, for having lived in the UK (but not being from there), I can assure you that they couldn't care less about Argentina.

Trying to demonstrate that a country is obsessed with another by stating that not enough article are written on a football player, I mean, are we serious?

coli86 said:
Seriously, for having lived in the UK (but not being from there), I can assure you that they couldn't care less about Argentina.

Trying to demonstrate that a country is obsessed with another by stating that not enough article are written on a football player, I mean, are we serious?
Exactly.

And for what its worth, Carlos Tevez, before his descent into complete whack job wankerhood, was adored by the fans of every club he played for in England. And, with plenty of attention from the press.

Johnny said:
Exactly.

And for what its worth, Carlos Tevez, before his descent into complete whack job wankerhood, was adored by the fans of every club he played for in England. And, with plenty of attention from the press.

As a City fan I can tell you that we love Aguero and Zabaletta. Although Aguero has had a great season so have Silva, Toure, Kompany, and Hart. But I don't think any of them deserve a statue quite yet.

In general we were sad about Tevez rather than angry. I don't mind that he returned to play for us but I don't care if he moves on if that is what he wants to do.

It was a great match on Sunday and Aguero will be remembered forever for that goal. But it wasn't half as important as the goal scored by Paul Dickov in 1999 in the third division play off final, if he hadn't scored that goal in the dying seconds of the match we might have gone out of existence as a club!

I was surprised at the big deal the reporters here made about the win... what do Argentine's care about Manchester? :p But of course since it was an Argentine that scored the winning goal, it was a moment of national pride! No matter if it was for an English team. ;)

Eclair said:
I was surprised at the big deal the reporters here made about the win... what do Argentine's care about Manchester? :p But of course since it was an Argentine that scored the winning goal, it was a moment of national pride! No matter if it was for an English team. ;)

Argentines love football, no matter who is playing. Have a look at -for example- at Sunderland vs QPR on the youtube and see the way the commentators scream 'gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllllllllllllll'

coli86 said:

I am also neutral and have also spent some time / lived in the UK and I do believe the UK has some kind of obsession with Argentina (maybe going back to the failed invasions of the early 19th century? who knows).

This is not something I tried to demonstrate using Kun as an example, I do not know where you get that from.

Someone, who was obviously biased in favor of soccer, once told me that soccer (or as he called it "football") is the only sport in the world that brings the world together, forgetting differences and whatnot.

This thread is a perfect example of a world living in harmony. :rolleyes:

nicoenarg said:
Someone, who was obviously biased in favor of soccer, once told me that soccer (or as he called it "football") is the only sport in the world that brings the world together, forgetting differences and whatnot.

This thread is a perfect example of a world living in harmony. :rolleyes:

That does not mean that everyone should have the same opinion. Vivan las diferencias!
And: I like the British people and usually get along very well with them.

Back