argentine citizenship by naturalization

el kaliforniano... said:
steve youre exhausting...you have spread false information in each and every one of your posts here thus far...stop misleading the readers...you are clearly no authority on this matter...

That's quite a bit offensive. I trust in steve that he is giving information according to his best knowledge and experience. Obviously things change frequently and I don't know when steve did his "tramites". In any case, one should remain polite and try to find the reason for the divergence. Just my 2 cents on that issue.

I just wish this guy would stop typing everything in bolds. It's almost as annoying as when people right all in capitals, which reminds me to be upset with his sheer lack of capitalization.

Hurrah! Now if we could just work on capatilization! Just remember, start every sentence with a capital letter.

el kaliforniano... said:
is there a question here?

Yeah, What's the problem with the date on the citizenship papers that you mentioned in the first post on this thread. Several people have asked you. That is the question.

steveinbsas said:
Argentina has an agreement with the following countries to recognize dual nationality: Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, El Salvador, Honduras, Italy, Nicaragua, Norway, Panama, Spain, Sweden and United States.

Source: http://www.justlanded.com/english/Ar...ts/Citizenship

And here's a list of the same countries from a member of the forum (posted in another thread):

Steve, you are missunderstanding the way international public law works.

International treatries regarding double citizenship nowadays are useless.

Every country, when you are in its territorry, only recognizes his own citizenship no matter what. But this is not their bussisness your others citizenships (US, Uk, Argentina, etc).

Only a few countries nowadays cancels your native citizenship because you got a new one (Japan for example)

Some other countries have a special procedure for a permission for applying for a second citizenship (Germany).

Regards

steveinbsas said:
It doesn't do anyone else any good to know when they have citizenship if they don't know how to get it. After that, I would like to know what falsehoods I have spread here. I'm always willing to admit when I am wrong, but there is nothing I've posted in this thread that I have any desire to amend.

Steve, I already explained and evidenced you why the info of that website you quoted is wrong. I think that there is no doubt about this fact. So, please use another source of info because even I have no doubt about your good intentions, you are misinforming. Regards

Bajo_cero2 said:
Steve, I already explained and evidence you why the info of that website you quote is wrong. I think that there is no doubt about this fact. So, please use another source of info because even I have no doubt about your good intentions, you are misinforming. Regards

The list from the website which I quoted in this thread is exactly the same as that provided by an Argentine lawyer in this forum. I wasn't referring to the requirements from that website regarding obtaining citizenship. You already gave me a good spanking me for that. Another member was asking about having to give up US, UK, or AU citizenship when obtaining citizenship in Argentina.

I was and am still asking the OP (who is actually not a newcomer, but an individual who deleted all of his previous posts in the forum before starting this thread) what steps he took to get citizenship and what requirements he had to fulfill if he really did get citizenship. I still have four PM's he sent me last August regarding the thread about Argentine Citizenship for Foreigners. He was trying to get me to send him my home phone number and became indignant when I wouldn't (writing in all lower case bold letters).

In my ten year SOTB I have learned that when a government official tells you what is required to obtain something in a foreign country (especially citizenship) that it's best to comply if you can, even if they are misinterpreting the law. BC2 is correct. I am not a lawyer, but I do not want to use one to obtain citizenship. I am over 600 KM from CF so it would be difficult to have BC2 represent me. If I was in CF and in need of a lawyer there is no doubt that I would want BC2 to represent me.

I hope that's not misinforming:p:p:p:p!!!!

Back