Argentine citizenship for foreigners?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update:
I was at the Capital Federal federal Chamber today. I talked with the secretaria letrada (who is the second in command after the judge) and when I talked about applying for citizenship in the following 3 situations: no DNI, illegals and multi entrance; her first answer was "absolutely not". I replied, well, this requisites are related to an abolished law and she was shocked, she didn´t know. She said, well, those are standard requisites asked in any civilized country. I explained her about law 346 and the last Supreme Court precedent and she said: Ok, then we have to accept your case and you will have to explain it properly to the judge. I asked: what about the lawyerless procedure? She smile and said, your argument is that we have been asking abolished requisites since 1984. You better come with your client and explain that properly to the judge, I don´t think that your client will be able to do it by him self.

I asked about timing. She said that it takes between 8 to 15 months because the delay of the papers they ask to your country and the translation. So, I asked again, what about if I offer this papers to the judge. She, said, then It should be much faster. (Clarification: the judge has the duty to ask the papers to your country, not to you, this is cheaper and slower. You can get your papers and to translate them by your self, then is faster, about 3 months).

I was advising a Polish girl who full fits all the "abolished" requisites. She went to San Martin´s Federal Chamber, they assigned her a judge. She has the interview next week. They told her that it delays 3 months.

Regards

Bajo_cero2 said:
I asked about timing. She said that it takes between 8 to 15 months because the delay of the papers they ask to your country and the translation. So, I asked again, what about if I offer this papers to the judge. She, said, then It should be much faster. (Clarification: the judge has the duty to ask the papers to your country, not to you, this is cheaper and slower. You can get your papers and to translate them by your self, then is faster, about 3 months).

What papers "from my country" would be necessary for someone who already has permanent residency in Argentina (in my case for one year) and has not left the country for two consecutive years? I already provided migraciones with translated copy of my birth certificate but I do have another. Can my Argentine accountant certify my foreign income as he did for the Tiro Federal earlier this year? Is there anything else?

I obviously want to go the lawyerless/do-it-myself route but I do appreciate the information. (If I do need a lawyer I'll probably have to find one in Bahia Blanca.)

steveinbsas said:
What papers "from my country" would be necessary for someone who already has permanent residency in Argentina (in my case for one year) and has not left the country for two consecutive years? I already provided migraciones with translated copy of my birth certificate but I do have another. Can my Argentine accountant certify my foreign income as he did for the Tiro Federal earlier this year? Is there anything else?

I obviously want to go the lawyerless/do-it-myself route but I do appreciate the information. (If I do need a lawyer I'll probably have to find one in Bahia Blanca.)

Same papers than you gave to DGM. You don´t have to prove income, just legal way of living. However, you should ask at the federal chamber in Bahia Blanca and your local tourney. (Clarification: this is for the lawyerless procedure: you have dni and you have been here for 2 year no leaving even for 1 minute). I suggest you to pay a lawyer always. In this country every time there is a no lawyer need procedure, you are in troubles, DGM is the best example.
An ucranian friend of mine made the citizenship by himself and it took 3 years.
Regards

Update:
I started 2 cases.
The first one is an illegal chinese citizen with wife and children who had been criminally prosecuted by DGM because they argued that the criminal record was fake, the federal judge said he is innocent. This person was trying to get residence for 17 years. He has an expired temporary DNI.
I was there very early and the lady at the Chamber was very nice (first we have to go to the chamber so they assign us a judge). They told me to pass by in 2 weeks.

The second one is a perma-tourist who has been going to Colonia for over 2 years. He had a trip to germany in between, so this is a perfect leading case. He only has his passport, no DNI, he doesn´t even know where DGM is.
I was there about 11 and the other lady was nasty, she wanted to reject my papers until I told her that only a judge can do that, and if she does it I was going to criminally prosecute her. So she took the papers to the Secretary who is the second in command after the judge and the only clerck there who is a lawyer. She read the papers and just told me that my client forgot to sign it and "have a nice day". I went to the judge office, the employed recived the applycation and he told me to pass by in 1 week.

IMGP0230.jpg

I asked for restriction orders against DGM in both cases.
Regards

Jeez, I sure won't need your services if you post your clients personal confidential information on the internet just to make a point in a forum

NoPat said:
Jeez, I sure won't need your services if you post your clients personal confidential information on the internet just to make a point in a forum

Don´t worry, they know about it and they agreed and there is not confidential info posted, regards

1st update.
a) permatourist case.

The Prosecutor agreed with the petition (I was surprised), he only asked for more evidence about the honest way of living. This is because I proved he has a bussisnes plan here and I mentioned that he has savings abroad, so I presented a bank account statement with the apostille but without the translation. They acepted them in english after a little exchange of arguments about it´s legallity without translation.

The judge ask for information to DGM, this is standard but slow. So, on monday I will ask him to reconsider it because I have already proved a) when did he arrive b) how many time he has traveled abroad and c) that he is irregular.

No comments about the restriction order.

2) Chinese citizen with argentinian family

The prosecutor ask for to publish edictos. This is done when the citizenship is granted, so...goood news!!!!!!
He also ask for wider info about the honest way of leaving because I only mentioned he was working en negro. Since then he became my interpreter, so I will do a partnership contract certified by a notary and that will be more than enough.
The judge rejected the restriction order because he said that there is no imminent jeopardy.

3) I started another perma-tourist case.

More news in 2 weeks.
Regards

I'm ready to apply for Argentine citizenship. I have all my papers ready. I have been in Argentina for more than 3 years I have permanent residency and DNI.

How do I go about locating a Federal Judge in order to submit my papers to him or her? I live in the Palermo section of Capital Federal.

Any imput will be appreciated.

Ok. You have to go to Palacio de Tribunales, it is in Talcahuano between Lavalle and Tucuman. You should enter by the entrance at Lavalle street, as soon as you are in, you go right to the end and then left a few doors. There you will find "Camana nacional de apelaciones en lo civil y comercial". There you say you want to do the citizenship. You should be there no later than 11 am.
http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palacio_de_Justicia_de_la_Naci%C3%B3n_%28Argentina%29

They ask for: CUIT or recibo de sueldo, birth certificate, DNI, police adress certificate, local and foreign certificate about you are free of criminal records. They ask all this papers because they use the restrictive doctrine about citizenship. However seems you have all that they ask.

They double check you have all the papers they ask, they give you 2 forms, you fill them, sign and they assing you a judge. The next building you should go is just across the square to the left, the block after Colon Theater.

Any doubt, just feel free to call me, my office is 2 blocks far. 4371-3727 and 15-3296-6249.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back