Argentine citizenship for foreigners?

Status
Not open for further replies.
surfing said:
I would love to know exactly what happens at the Oath Ceremony!

Not big deal, she is already Argentine.

Art. 7° — Una vez dictada la sentencia que otorgue la ciudadanía argentina, el naturalizado prestará juramento ante el Juez Federal actuante, a tenor de las siguientes fórmulas:

1) Juráis por Dios y estos Santos Evangelios respetar fielmente la Constitución Nacional y las Instituciones de la República?
2) Juráis por Dios, respetar fielmente la Constitución Nacional y las Instituciones de la República?
3) Juráis por la Patria y vuestro honor respetar fielmente la Constitución Nacional y las Instituciones de la República?

Bajo_cero2 said:
Third case granted!
The oath is on May the 16th.

Regards

:D The sentence:

Untitled-7.jpg

Untitled-6.jpg

Bajo_cero2 said:
:D The sentence:

Untitled-7.jpg

Untitled-6.jpg
The third case granted, to be sworn in on the 16th of May...that would be ME! I was not a permanent resident. One day I'm just another North American living in Buenos Aires on a 90 day tourist visa. The next day I'm a citizen of Argentina. From tourist to citizen in only 18 months. Wow. Thank you, thank you, thank you Dr Christian Rubilar. YOU ROCK!!

argenyanqui said:
The third case granted, to be sworn in on the 16th of May...that would be ME! I was not a permanent resident. One day I'm just another North American living in Buenos Aires on a 90 day tourist visa. The next day I'm a citizen of Argentina. From tourist to citizen in only 18 months. Wow. Thank you, thank you, thank you Dr Christian Rubilar. YOU ROCK!!

argenyanqui, can you tell us about the Spanish exam required for the sentence. What kind of level are they seeking?

Ceviche said:
argenyanqui, can you tell us about the Spanish exam required for the sentence. What kind of level are they seeking?
What Spanish exam? Where are you seeing that requirement? That's news to me!

surfing said:
What Spanish exam? Where are you seeing that requirement? That's news to me!

Their is a mandatory Spanish language test before citizenship is granted.

Ceviche said:
Their is a mandatory Spanish language test before citizenship is granted.

The law does not require it. Some judges require it. Its, I think, just a conversation and sometimes they require you to read a newspaper. They want to see that you're competent. Again, this is a requirement from the time of the dictatorship. Its illegal.

I might be wrong though. Bajo_cero2 can correct me on that.

They usually enforce the abolished law, that´s normal.

Regarding the language test, they read in Spanish and you have to write what they read. After that, they made questions regarding the National Constitution.

I already appealed it and I had a partial victory because now they ask, only if I enforce it, to have minimum knowledge. To know to read or write is not necessary.

I am discussing it at Supreme Court right now, so it might change.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back