Argentine citizenship for foreigners?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tourist2008 said:
Congratulations to you bajo_cero, your client looks very happy!

Quick question - do you deal with cases where people are residing outside the capital?

Thanks

Yes, i do. The citizenship is rule by federal courts all around the country.
Feel free to send me an email o pm.
Regards

steveinbsas said:
It might also be worth noting that I asked lawyers (or gunts pretending to be lawyers) to refrain from posting in this thread in my first post..when I started the thread.

Speaking of Steve, how is your citizenship thing coming. I meant to ask a couple of times this week when I would click on the thread and see when this whole thing was started.

Just a wonderin'.

Bajo_cero2 said:
well, the procedure is like a criminal investigation about you. That s why you don t have to do so much but to wait. There are 2 reports that takes long time: renaper and policia interjurisdiccional. They delay about 7 months to be replied. Sometimes they just don t reply them and they have to send them again but then the case takes another extra 7 months. Here is where is important how efficient are the employeds at Court.

It s important to be watching how the reports are being replied after the 4th month.

These 2 reports delays the procedure while the law stablished a 3 months deadline. I already convinced the prosecutors that the renaper report is useless for irregulars. Regarding PI, i am debating about that at SC.

I suggest you Steve to ask about what reports lacking. Regards
Hi Bajocero,

Can you please clarify which report you were referring to in this post as "policia interjurisdiccional"? Is that referring to Interpol, SIDE, or what they call "convenios"?
THANKS!

Mr. Lin is from China. He has a deportation order. He speaks super basic Spanish and he made the oath assisted by a translator. He works under the table:
LinQingfeng.jpg

We went to apply for the DNI, it took 20 minutes and 20 working days to get it. Regards

Thank you Dr. Rubilar for continuing to help out all the immigrants/expats here in Argentina, whatever their situation may be.

Anyone who is willing to move here and work for a living (whether en negro or en blanco) is a valuable addition to Argentine society and under the Constitution of Argentina has a right to live here.

Saludos!

Today I won another case.
He is American and he asked me for confidentiality. I cannot provide more info:
Gregorysentencia1.jpg

Gregorysentencia2.jpg

The oath will be after the Court winter vacation.

There are 16 cases more waiting for a decision and another 11 where I am going to ask for sentence after the winter holidays.
Regards

Bajo_cero2 said:
Today I won another case.

The oath will be after the Court winter vacation.

Regards

Mr Bajo Cero, as a matter of curiosity, after the favorable sentence, what is the time frame to :-

1. Oath

2. To dni as argentine citizen

3. Argentine passport

Is the favorable sentence reversible?

I apologize for not reading all these posts (46 pages I think) but I am in the citizenship process. My attorney, Gabriel Celano, says that citizenships are going through on schedule. I have jumped through all the hoops so far--hoops I didn't even have to jump through, according to this attorney. I could have qualified to apply in 2009 but I thought I had to get permanent residency first. I think I had well intentioned but not good information before. We are fortunate to have Bajo Cero here advising and to have my current attorney.

Argentina seems to have a problem with the fact that in the US a husband's name becomes a woman's legal name. (I do realize that some women these days are not changing their name.) Just as it was for residency, this is an issue with citizenship that my passport has one additional name that my birth certificate does not have and so I was required to produce a marriage certificate, apostiled, to prove I obtained my additional last name through marriage--even though I have a permanent resident DNI and have done the entire procedure before.

That document is now en route from the states. I went ahead and got his death certificate while I was at it. The lawyer said it was not necessary but I am used to Argentina enough I can just imagine providing the marriage certificate and then having them want me to prove that I am a widow. They didn't ask for it but if they do, I will be ready for that one. I will keep you informed. So far it appears all is well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back