Argentine citizenship for foreigners?

Status
Not open for further replies.
_two years of uninterrupted residence_... Does this mean, staying in the country for 24 months without even exiting Argentina for a Visa run.?
So no Visa run, but going to Extranjeria and paying possibly higher prices for renewing the tourist visa each time, what is the validity time of a tourist visa, a 90 days at a time.? So 4 visa renewal a year times 2 then total 7 visa renewal, plus the initial one you got when you entered Argentina and these amounts to how much.?

No.
Residence means that you have your home in Argentina.
The continuity means that you didn t move to another country.
The I-94 renevals are as illegal as to overstay (but not in criminal law) .
Regards

Bajo2cero, My maid is from Bolivia but she has lived in Argentina for more than 40 years. She went to Migraciones yesterday to be told that she cannot apply for Argentine citizenship or a Passport as she isn't married to an Argentine. Her 4 children were all born here. She has a permanent DNI. We want to help her get an Argentine passport so that she can travel with us to the UK. What sort of time frame would it take for her to get Argentine citizenship through the courts? Is it a very expensive process?
Thank so much for your help.

The citizenship process is not fast, depending on who is the judge, it might take between 7 months up to 7 years if you do it by yourself.
Even if you decide to hire a lawyer, nobody can promest a deadline.
The passport for foreigners is abolished, now you need citizenship for that.
The process is designed to be done by yourself, then it is free of fees. But you have to publish an edict in a newspaper that might cost from 150 up to 6000 pesos.
If you have to hire legal services, they are expensive.
Regards

Update:

Yesterday a judges rejected 2 cases that were already finished (ready for a decision: the reports replied, the honest way of living evidenced, the certificates added, etc). It was predictable because who is the but and he earned my respect for the way he administrated justice because he respected the due process and took a desicion at the end without restricting the defence rights or making procedure ambushes or delaying without reason the desicion. Many judges, instead, try to avoid to enact a decision violating the defence righ and that´s illegal. Now I have to appeal. Regards

The chamber revoked the desicion of the judge and granted the citizenship in one of the cases.

I won another 3 cases.

I won another 5 appeals where I debated about the respect of the due process. The 3 rooms of the Chamber now agree about that the reports has to be granted in 3 days. It allow me to unlock the cases that had issues.

Regarding the case I have at Supreme Court, it was opened and there is only 1 judge left to give his desicion (zaffaroni).

Regards

I won another 3 cases.

Dr. Rubilar, you have an impressive track record.

I'm interested in hiring you to apply for citizenship (we've talked on the phone) and I'm curious to know whether any of your clients are members of BAExpats and have posted about their experiences (apologizes if my search didn't find them--there are 593 posts in this thread alone!).

Also, if anyone reading this has hired Bajo_cero2 to get citizenship, I'd love to hear your experience about how it went. Please send me a PM.

Thanks,
David

I won another 3 cases: 1 Chinese, 1 American and 1 Swiss.

I m going to post the decisions and pictures (if they allow me) as soon as i m going to be out of hospital.

This year i was appealing about procedure issues. They didn't reject the cases but they made it slower and the 9 judges of the chamber agree with me.

So, there used to be a great delay in grandting the reports as an strategy to make you give up.
I by passed it. Now, 98% of the cases has its reports ( the reports are the case itself).

On the other hand, one chamber of the country side reject 3 of the 4 appeals and i m going to Supreme Court.

The rejection was based on the honest work of living, they asserted that to do it under the rable is illegal. They also asserted that my clients are illegal alliens and they shoul be prosecuted.
It was so reactionary that allow mw to debate about the due process i propose at SC.

On the other hand, another 3 reactionary judges changed their mind recently and they are granting the reports.
Regards

I won another 3 cases: 1 Chinese, 1 American and 1 Swiss.
Way to go! Good job by you!!

I m going to post the decisions and pictures (if they allow me) as soon as i m going to be out of hospital.
WTF? What are you doing in the hospital? You're too young to be spending much time there. Get well soon and get out of there. (I've never heard of a hospital with a good milonga, so you must be bored out of your mind.

-Nappy

I think it actually states in the U.S passport that dual citizenship can mean the possibility of having your U.S. citizenship revoked but so many Americans have dual citizenship that it's hard to take that law seriously.

Don't flash your foreign passport around when you go through immigration in the States.

Once I wrote in the forum that I was traveling to NY and didn't realize my US passport was expired so I entered the JFK airport in the foreigners line with my European passport. I even paid the ESTA fee on-line from Ezeiza before boarding the plane to go to NY. Anyway, I was sweating bullets when I went through immigrations because my European passport says "born in the U.S." The immigration officer was Chinese, spoke little English, and got so frustrated asking me where my U.S. passport was and me answering in Italian, that he let me through and stamped it with a 3 month tourist visa. When I left NY two weeks later I left as a foreigner and renewed my US passport in Buenos Aires. All I can say was that I was darn lucky. Only now I can laugh at that experience.

I think it actually states in the U.S passport that dual citizenship can mean the possibility of having your U.S. citizenship revoked but so many Americans have dual citizenship that it's hard to take that law seriously.

Don't flash your foreign passport around when you go through immigration in the States.

Once I wrote in the forum that I was traveling to NY and didn't realize my US passport was expired so I entered the JFK airport in the foreigners line with my European passport. I even paid the ESTA fee on-line from Ezeiza before boarding the plane to go to NY. Anyway, I was sweating bullets when I went through immigrations because my European passport says "born in the U.S." The immigration officer was Chinese, spoke little English, and got so frustrated asking me where my U.S. passport was and me answering in Italian, that he let me through and stamped it with a 3 month tourist visa. When I left NY two weeks later I left as a foreigner and renewed my US passport in Buenos Aires. All I can say was that I was darn lucky. Only now I can laugh at that experience.

You are confused. Dual citizenship is Ok for the US BUT, a big BUT, in the US you are only American. A native can entry his own country even with a driver license but what you did is a crime. So, you were lucky he was nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back