Argentine citizenship for foreigners?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Steve,
yes, I mean citizenship, you are right! Sorry! Anyway that is interesting to know for me, but at the moment no real option. Normally my country (Germany) does not allow 2 citizenships. That is the problem!

@Julia 2,

I would not advise you to quit German citizenship to take Argentine.

As far as Citizenship process is concerned, you do need a criminal report from your home country. Its valid for 2 years in the court. So if you court case is finished in 2 years, you do not need to produce a new one. You are free to travel outside the country during the court case and after submission of your criminal record. You do 'NOT' need to bring in a new criminal report every time you go out of Argentina and after the case has started and your criminal record has already been submitted. That particular thing about new criminal recods on exiting country every time, holds good for starting the residency process for the very first time and is not the case for citizenship process.

Even if you have committed crimes, the courts are linient and you have a strong chance of acceptance depending on as to what crime was committed by you and when. You would need a clever lawyer to represent you in such a circumstance.

Hi Steve,
yes, I mean citizenship, you are right! Sorry! Anyway that is interesting to know for me, but at the moment no real option. Normally my country (Germany) does not allow 2 citizenships. That is the problem!

Well, there are a lot of exceptions but you have to apply for a permition at a Court in Colonia where you have to evidence: marriage with a foreigner or having foreign children or having strong roots with Germany: University studies, inheritance rights, among others.

Having that permission you can have double citizenship. Regards

Bajo2cero, My maid is from Bolivia but she has lived in Argentina for more than 40 years. She went to Migraciones yesterday to be told that she cannot apply for Argentine citizenship or a Passport as she isn't married to an Argentine. Her 4 children were all born here. She has a permanent DNI. We want to help her get an Argentine passport so that she can travel with us to the UK. What sort of time frame would it take for her to get Argentine citizenship through the courts? Is it a very expensive process?
Thank so much for your help.

is the uk suddenly not letting bolivians in?

As a bolivian you need a visa whereas as an Argentine you dont and to apply as a Bolivian you have to apply in person at the embassy in La Paz. As she lives in Buenos Aires that isnt easy.

Well, there are a lot of exceptions but you have to apply for a permition at a Court in Colonia where you have to evidence: marriage with a foreigner or having foreign children or having strong roots with Germany: University studies, inheritance rights, among others.

Having that permission you can have double citizenship. Regards

Thank you, I know! But this is a very difficult thing, most times they dismiss the aplication as far as I know and the process costs a lot of money. I am quite sure I do not meet the conditions for double citizenship.

Bajo2cero, My maid is from Bolivia but she has lived in Argentina for more than 40 years. She went to Migraciones yesterday to be told that she cannot apply for Argentine citizenship or a Passport as she isn't married to an Argentine. Her 4 children were all born here. She has a permanent DNI. We want to help her get an Argentine passport so that she can travel with us to the UK. What sort of time frame would it take for her to get Argentine citizenship through the courts? Is it a very expensive process?
Thank so much for your help.

She is very much eligible for citizenship. She does not need to go to migraciones for this. She needs to go to the court. She has a DNI, She has kids born here. It should not take more than 7-8 months for her to get her Argentine citizenship.

Bajo cero is a right guy to contact. You could also do on your own if you have time to go to the courts. It is not a expensive process especially if you do it on your own.

_two years of uninterrupted residence_... Does this mean, staying in the country for 24 months without even exiting Argentina for a Visa run.?
So no Visa run, but going to Extranjeria and paying possibly higher prices for renewing the tourist visa each time, what is the validity time of a tourist visa, a 90 days at a time.? So 4 visa renewal a year times 2 then total 7 visa renewal, plus the initial one you got when you entered Argentina and these amounts to how much.?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back