Argentine Marriage Travelling For England

colin 30

Registered
Im about to travel to argentina to get married to my Argentinean fiancee but i need some advice on whether my fiancee needs to write a letter for the immigration officers at the airport to see my honest intentions.

My fiancee told me that it was only required to let them know that we are an item plus where and how long i will be staying over in argentina so as to not cause any further worry and including some of the activities that we would be doing in Argentina discounting marriage. It was something she had discussed with her embassy and they said this would be fine. I find this highly unlikely that this would suffice so could anyone confirm what is necessary for the immigration officers to see on going over there. I feel a little stressed and it is a fairly urgent matter as i leave on the 29th (Yes im a guy who leaves things to the last moment)

Had some friends get married a while back in BA (English and Argentine) and from what they said it was pretty straight forward , no special documents required. Just a standard tourist visa will suffice. I`d recommend taking a birth certificate if possible, it may even need translating into spanish, but according to the link below a passport is enough. I just find in Argentina the more official documents you have the better.

This link may help.
http://buenosaires.angloinfo.com/information/family/marriage-partnerships/marriage-requirements/

Anyway, Good Luck.

When you arrive at immigration at the airport, the immigration form you will fill out asks you for an address where you will be staying, and I think the purpose of your trip. The immigration officer will then determine whether to issue you a tourist visa, a student visa or a work visa, or no visa.

You will qualify for a tourist visa, unless you have already got documentation proving that your will be attending a school or working for a business in Ar.

So when you arrive to get a tourist visa give the purpose of your trip as vacation, and say you are staying less than 3 months, otherwise you will risk confounding them.

Immigration around the world is pretty similar, and as far as I know there is no such thing as a visa for the purpose of meeting a fiancee to get wed.

Im about to travel to argentina to get married to my Argentinean fiancee but i need some advice on whether my fiancee needs to write a letter for the immigration officers at the airport to see my honest intentions.

My fiancee told me that it was only required to let them know that we are an item plus where and how long i will be staying over in argentina so as to not cause any further worry and including some of the activities that we would be doing in Argentina discounting marriage. It was something she had discussed with her embassy and they said this would be fine. I find this highly unlikely that this would suffice so could anyone confirm what is necessary for the immigration officers to see on going over there. I feel a little stressed and it is a fairly urgent matter as i leave on the 29th (Yes im a guy who leaves things to the last moment)

I did this 30-some years ago, and had no problems. Didn't say a word about it to Migraciones.

Even if you say you are going to get married you will not get in trouble. Argentina doesn't have a fiancé visa process and once you are married you can apply for residency.

Yes, as others have said, tourists can get married just fine here. Just make sure you have your visa (the fee if it's your first time) and that's it. You don't have to mention you're getting married - you can just say you're coming to see your girlfriend. No need to stress or worry. :)

To second what everyone wrote here, this country is not known for giving people trouble at immigration. Don't bother mentioning marriage and you'll be fine.

If you want to stay here, all you need is the marriage certificate and a bunch of paperwork - it will be easier for you if you come to Argentina prepared with a copy of your birth certificate and police report from England, both bearing the apostille stamp. Then you get those translated into Spanish here.

Thanks for all the replies. Really appreciate it.The only reason i was panicing is because my luggage bag has my wedding gear in it plus a few gifts (I have taken out the party poppers though since they kind of look like concealed grenades ). My girlfriend/fiancee usually writes a letter for them to take a quick look over though and I thought that if they were going to check my luggage bag it might not have matched to the letter. Maybe the letters not that necessary. I am going to take my birth certificate and get it translated if needs be but not really got time to get a police report.

The police report is very important! it must be apostilled. Make sure you ask someone in your country to take care of this for you.
Not sure what country you are coming from, but if you are coming from the US and some others you must get your tourist visa before you board the plane, it can be paid on line. If you do not have that you will not be let into the country!
The letter is not necessary, it will just confuse things.

Im coming from England? Ive never had to get a tourist visa before. I thought that was all taken care of in the process of going through immigration control?

Back