Argentine Mirage F1 Buy Reportedly Stalls

For the sake of argument, let's say you are right and Argentina does need a few Sukhoi Flankers for its air force. How do you propose that they pay for that? Argentina has no international credit to speak of, so it can't borrow money to buy those planes. It has less than 30 billion dollars in reserve, which means that even companies Google or IBM have more cash than Argentina. So, how would they even buy something like that?
plan de pagos? 24 Cuotas sin interest? haha. it was mostly a joke. but these babies are the bees knees. I'd love to see a whole fleet of these in South America some day.

What Argentina could do (seriously) is sell off their old A-4's to American civilian pilots. There is a high demand for warbirds in the US. I know personally 3 guys who would buy one of these in a heartbeat. Going price on the world market for an A-4 in flying condition is about $2M.

So Matias, even the fact that Argentina will buy planes that it cannot afford or need is someone else's fault?

Why am I not surprised?

Of course the government is responsible of buying these planes. What Im saying is thats very difficult to get out of this maffia, the weapon machinery the world has created. No government cant escape no matter if war is a reality or not. That in part explains the creation of Israel -to have a continuing war, so the bussiness can go on.
Anyway, the important thing is that these weapons that are entirely made to kill people, have huge fans all over the world, and when could these weapons reach its perfection, when do they reach itself fulfillment? Of course, when explode and kill lots of people. So you will always have people against peace, ready to use these weapons.

So sad (and they are millions!).

These jets are being purchased by AFIP to level every Arbolito in the city if they don't reverse the rise of the dollar.

great news. who wants spains old junk? buy from Brazil. And who cares what the UK thinks. Their opinions are worthless.
Quite a lot of people care what the UK thinks actually.
I couldn't give a damn where Argentina buys her jets, but you can be sure that if good fighter jets are bought, it will matter.

Of course the government is responsible of buying these planes. What Im saying is thats very difficult to get out of this maffia, the weapon machinery the world has created. No government cant escape no matter if war is a reality or not.

I don't disagree much with what you call the 'weapons mafia', but there are countries that have 'escaped' by abolishing their military like Costa Rica or Panama, or by not having one at all.

Wow 14 countries without military. Oppps minus one Panama has a contract with the US. And so do some of the others. Vatican City is not a country, I don't care what they say. It's a tax haven for pedophiles.

I don't disagree much with what you call the 'weapons mafia', but there are countries that have 'escaped' by abolishing their military like Costa Rica or Panama, or by not having one at all.

They are tiny states, with small populations.... or Central American states 100% under control of the US.... and yes, probably the Fidji Islands wont need an army.

Im talking of bigger states, medium states like Argentina.
And I do believe theres a weapon mafia, that creates war, that needs war, of course they are very important states, like the US, or Russia, or France. People that need thousands of deaths per year to keep their multi millionaire bussiness.

I think it is a matter of pride for them. I don't think they are looking to actually maintain a combat capable force of jet planes. I think the purpose of those planes is to allow them to say they have it, and for those planes to maybe fly over the capital during the 25 de Mayo festivities.
Fly over Plaza de Mayo? Think it is or should be a "No Fly Zone", especially during a political event. Could be hazardous to your health in Argentina:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bombing_of_Plaza_de_Mayo

Back