Argentine re-immigration

The lenghth of holidays in Europe depends from the company you work for, and the position you have in that company and the amount of days you work.

For ex in Belgium, if you work 6 days a week you get 24 days off; 5 days a week gets 20 days off ; 4 days a week 16 days etc.

With the national average being 20 days a year. That is indeed ... 4 weeks.

pericles said:
In Europe the figure is less than 10 percent for ownership of Property outright meaning that many will lose their properties in the coming years with the downturn of the world economy.

In Belgium (Flemish part) 75% owns his house. 1 out of 8 buys it before he is 25 years old. (68% in Walonia, Brussels 46%). That is far from the 10% you state.

mini said:
Just because some people take advantage of the high inflation to pay in cuotas when they have money in the bank, let's not pretend there aren't people living from pay day to pay day and need to pay in cuotas.

This is what my Argentine friends told me : buy everything in quotas; the 100 pesos you are paying in 6 months is worth a lot less then 100 pesos today. It has nothing to do with not having money in the bank.

It is very difficult to get a loan here, and interests of 14% are normal, or even 24% (!!) are not unusual!

pericles said:
Can you tell me a country SSR that is perfect with no poverty ? Can you tell me the reasons for poverty that is a growing problem worldwide?

I think Norway Sweden and Denmark come close.

katti said:
In Belgium (Flemish part) 75% owns his house. 1 out of 8 buys it before he is 25 years old. (68% in Walonia, Brussels 46%). That is far from the 10% you state.

Thank you for clarifying this Katti. But I like to know do they own it outright or they are on mortgage.

In Australia they also say the worlds highest property ownership per capita but then you realise that most people do not own their homes outright just a very small percentage do and thats when they reach middle age.

I know very few younger people in Australia that own their own property outright . They are indebted for 30 years and require two jobs to make the payments.

pericles said:
Thank you for clarifying this Katti. But I like to know do they own it outright or they are on mortgage.

In Australia they also say the worlds highest property ownership per capita but then you realise that most people do not own their homes outright just a very small percentage do and thats when they reach middle age.

I know very few younger people in Australia that own their own property outright . They are indebted for 30 years and require two jobs to make the payments.

I don't know the exact amount of the amount of mortgages. But in any case, you are only alowed to take 1 mortgage on one house, the monthly pay off is deducted from you tax (interesting in a high tax country like Belgium), and you have to get an insurance that pays the dept off if something happens to you (so if husband dies, the wife no longer has to pay off). If you lose your job you get unimployment fees that are very high. So the risk of loosing your house in an economic crisis is very low.

katti said:
I don't know the exact amount of the amount of mortgages. But in any case, you are only alowed to take 1 mortgage on one house, the monthly pay off is deducted from you tax (interesting in a high tax country like Belgium), and you have to get an insurance that pays the dept off if something happens to you (so if husband dies, the wife no longer has to pay off). If you lose your job you get unimployment fees that are very high. So the risk of loosing your house in an economic crisis is very low.

And I would bet that outright ownership is higher than 10% stated Perciles. I'd even hazard a guess it's in the 40-50%.

mini said:
And I would bet that outright ownership is higher than 10% stated Perciles. I'd even hazard a guess it's in the 40-50%.[/quote)

Mini owning a home outright and having a mortgaged home are completely different. I doubt is there is a large city in Europe that more than 40 percent of the homes are owned outright . I am talking of large cities comparable to Buenos Aires

I like to clarify that most new home purchases in Europe and the USA are credit based especially in larger cities . Of course buying in small towns the equations are different.

In Sydney Australia and Vancouver British Colombia cash sales of properties are very low. In Buenos Aires the reverse is the case and this is the point that I was trying to make . I apologise if this was not clear.

As I said before, for an Argentine, it is almost impossible to get a loan to buy a house. Unless you pay 14% or more.
So I can imagine that most people who own one, don't have a mortgage. Those who don't have the cash, don't buy.

In Europe you must be a fool not to buy your house with a loan, if you pay 4% over 20 years.

That is a big difference.

pericles said:
Mini owning a home outright and having a mortgaged home are completely different. I doubt is there is a large city in Europe that more than 40 percent of the homes are owned outright . I am talking of large cities comparable to Buenos Aires

I like to clarify that most new home purchases in Europe and the USA are credit based especially in larger cities . Of course buying in small towns the equations are different.

In Sydney Australia and Vancouver British Colombia cash sales of properties are very low. In Buenos Aires the reverse is the case and this is the point that I was trying to make . I apologise if this was not clear.

There are two cities in Europe & two in the US that compare to Buenos Aires in size. It's important to clarify that & not compare life in Buenos Aires to life in "Europe" and the "US". I know I"m now flogging a dead horse, but that's been my point during this whole conversation.

Thanks for clarifying.

Back