Argentine Residency and Citizenship

MatiArg said:
Anyone know about the citizenship process and procedure but the other way around. For, example im an Argie and i marry an American girl here in BAires. How do i apply for US residency from here? Do i have to go back to the US and live with my wife there in order to get it or can everything be done from here? any advice would come in handy! Thanks

If you get married here you will have to do everything here, though the consulate, before you can join your wife in the US.

MatiArg said:
Anyone know about the citizenship process and procedure but the other way around. For, example im an Argie and i marry an American girl here in BAires. How do i apply for US residency from here? Do i have to go back to the US and live with my wife there in order to get it or can everything be done from here? any advice would come in handy! Thanks

You don't do it, I believe - she would have to do it. I'm looking into this for my Paraguayan wife and it looks like the US citizen or permanent resident has to initiate the process.

If you have a tourist visa to the US, I believe that you can get married there and then she can file something to allow you to stay in the country while you have the visa processed. I remember reading something about that when I was researching. But I stopped looking into that since my wife, being Paraguayan and from the economic strata that she was from, would never be able to get a tourist visa, particularly them knowing that she is married to a US citizen (yeah, that just makes it harder to get a tourist visa).

There are some very detailed instructions on how a foreign national can get either a spouse or fiancee visa on this site:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_1326.html

It's under immigrants, because that's where spouse stuff is located. The spouse gets you the permanent visa, then you have the option after a period time (7 years?) to become a citizen. Something like that.

Steve.
maybe it's because you are so far up your own asse that the people at migraciones wanted you out of their faces.Bad breath too......

blackburn said:
Steve.
maybe it's because you are so far up your own asse that the people at migraciones wanted you out of their faces.Bad breath too......

You are so charming. You must be English.

Can't you even spell ass correctly, or did you mean arse?

yes found guilty of that deduction....you must be north of the border as one is a donkey and one is what poofters do.....still you monitos are all the same....shit for brains...
do you have a life or friends outside of the lonely room with your modem and cyclopse...theres a question.....suerte

blackburn said:
yes found guilty of that deduction....you must be north of the border as one is a donkey and one is what poofters do.....still you monitos are all the same....shit for brains...
do you have a life or friends outside of the lonely room with your modem and cyclopse...theres a question.....suerte

Do you have anything to add that might actually be relevant to this thread,

or are you too obsessed with my breath and brains?

Mirá, hacer los tramites desde aqui se puede pero quizas tenes que esperar meses o años la visa final.
Hay dos opciones:
1) Sacate una visa de turista, te casas allí y comenzas los tramites allí, y no te pueden echar porque la ley no permite desunir una familia.
2) Si no te dan la visa de turista, tu novia TE PUEDE PEDIR UNA VISA ESPECIAL DE FIANCEE(PROMETIDO). Pero tenes tres mess para casarte allí o
te echaran legalmente.
Lo mejor una vez allí es contratar un abogado de inmigracion, te hacen todo en un pedo por algo de dinero, vale la pena.

mini said:
Thanks Trey for your reply.
You did this for your DNI? I had the letter for the residency but the people who do the DNI won't accept it.

no, you know what, I had the letter for the residency. It didn't even come up as a problem when I went for the DNI. Have you resolved it, or are you still waiting for your DNI?

Back