Argentine + South Carolina Carnal Relations

The Washington Post article goes on ad infinitum about his virtues before this scandal. I love the part where it says that he rejected "Federal stimulus." Guess he found another kind of stimulus somewhere else. jajaja

Another site had a larger blowup photo of the street where this woman's flat is supposed to be located, and it does indeed appear more likely to be Arabe de Siria, just back from Libertador. The zoo fence is different from the garden fence, and this looks more like the garden's fence.

They also said on Clarin the woman has 2 kids

"Buenos Airhead" is the headline in one of New York's tabloids (Post?) today.

Conservative Fox News is being pretty objective in their reporting on the Republican governor. This morning they reported that several of his trips to BA had been paid for by taxpayers.

You can read some of the governor's emails here:

http://www.thestate.com/sanford/story/839350.html

I walked down there today. I was right the first time. The building is on India, a block back from Libertador. Now we are official gossip mongers.

Is this a thread related to that "Argentine women are difficult..." or "dating with argentines"?

Here's the woman who brought down one of the most important governors of the US, a potential Presidential candidate. She's a reporter, worked for a year as a translator (though her English is poor based on her emails - published by the SC newspaper, the State). The link will let you watch a video from 2001, so the picture is a bit old.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/06/25/maria-belen-chapur-mark-s_n_220838.html

A friend who lives in her neighborhood said that the building is surrounded by loads of spectators.

More on Governor Sanford. At the time that Bill Clinton was being impeached, Sanford was a US representative. He voted for three of four articles to impeach Clinton. He also demanded the resignation of Bob Livingston, a fellow congressman who had been outed by Larry Flint for extra-marital sex scandals. Outraged by Livingston's adultery, Sanford told CNN that Livingston "had broken God's law" and should resign.

This piece from a South Carolina paper is interesting. Seems Sanford, after his wife discovered her husband's infidelity, had the chutzpah to ask his wife if he could see his mistress, Maria Belen, in Argentina. She refused but he went ahead and saw her anyway, lying to the public about his whereabouts.

http://www.thestate.com/803/story/843243.html

Now what about Maria Belen - I predict that this scandal will advance her career. Her face will be all over GENTE and similar publications and she will be able to get a better job. Seems she had everything to gain, nothing to lose and couldn't have cared less that her lover would risk everything - wife, family, political position and Presidential ambitions.

And we have still not explored what impact this will have on the diplomatic relations between the two countries. Also, will we now see a steady stream of love-starved American men seeking liaisons and partners in Argentina? Much remains unclear.

Back