Argentine things you've been converted to....

Well, somebody must buy those industrial ice creams. The question is: why?

I like those little tubs of fake ice-cream, sorry! And I even like the one in the packet that you whip up with milk and stick in the freezer...

Love boldo tea and the Terma amargo beverages.

Didn't like dulce de leche the first time I tried it, but like it now.

I DO buy the wonderful ice cream at the heladerías. The problem is that when I do, I eat almost an entire 1/4 kilo of ice cream in one sitting!

Buying at the grocery store means when I get a craving I just eat a little bit instead of the whole thing in one sitting. Some things should not taste that good!

I have to dissent on boldo; I cannot get used to that flavor!

I have been pondering this question for a few days, but can only come up with a few truly local things that I've adjusted to and now even like that I never liked before. I can relate to the tp issue--it used to bug me and I'd only buy the puppy stuff, but now the cheapy 1-ply seems to be just fine (though I admit I was impressed with the sheer luxuriousness of the stuff that seemed to be in all my friends/family bathrooms when in the States, wow). I do enjoy mate, especially in the afternoon or at the park. I also like alfajores (and of course the glorious, decadent ice cream here,but who doesn't). Terma in soda water (also a convert, never liked agua con gas before) is pretty good, and totally sates my occasional need for a soda. :)

Love, love alfajores, agua con gas and CHAJA!!!! (although technically I think that is Uruguayan). Also like the mini ice bucket and tongs they serve in restaurants. I find myself putting ice in my wine just because the darn things are so cute.

Waiting in line? To each their own. I suppose it has helped me some with impatience. Eating late is wonderful. It's so hard to adjust to even a 7 pm dinner time when I visit the States.

vanessa said:
Waiting in line? To each their own. I suppose it has helped me some with impatience. Eating late is wonderful. It's so hard to adjust to even a 7 pm dinner time when I visit the States.

7pm is second sitting dining in my home country where my mother still tries to serve me dinner at 5pm when I visit. I second the vote for late dining here because it is civilized late dining that covers everyone from 8pm to 2am unlike late dining cities like Madrid which is so damned pompous and frowns upon anyone trying to eat dinner before 10pm in summer!

emilyr said:
I DO buy the wonderful ice cream at the heladerías. The problem is that when I do, I eat almost an entire 1/4 kilo of ice cream in one sitting!

Buying at the grocery store means when I get a craving I just eat a little bit instead of the whole thing in one sitting. Some things should not taste that good!

I have to dissent on boldo; I cannot get used to that flavor!

Emily you made me laugh...grocery ice-cream as a diet-aid..thats soemthing to try marketing back home!

Back