Argentine wifes inches from getting the boot

As predicted:

Not only is the quarantine not being lifted, but in the case of people in CABA aged 70 and over it is being strengthened and going nuclear. To be announced today at 12pm, from Monday, even to go to the shop or pharmacy, those aged 70 plus need to ring a number (147) the day before in order to receive a one-use only code. Before being given the code, we are first given a speech about the health risks, and then asked if we would prefer to use the Mayores Cuidados program to bring our groceries or medication to us. The code is valid for one day only. If we leave home without having obtained a code and are stopped, we are turned around. If we repeat offend, the penalty will be community service. The only activities for which a person aged 70 and over can leave home without first having obtained the code, are to get a vaccination, or to collect a pension payment.

The midnight to dawn radio programs have been inundated with angry callers.

Hard to imagine that they can possibly implement this: the worst job in the Argentina in the coming weeks would surely be the people in the call center fielding the calls from indignant seniors requesting a code. But for now, that is what we have to look forward to if we live in CABA.

It's becoming more clear that strict lockdown was a very blunt and probably very bad idea.

Evidence is mounting that - as I've been surmising - the rates of infection are far far greater than generally realized, and that this virus is far less harmful that generally assumed. Editorial from British Medical Journal;

It's becoming more clear that strict lockdown was a very blunt and probably very bad idea.

Evidence is mounting that - as I've been surmising - the rates of infection are far far greater than generally realized, and that this virus is far less harmful that generally assumed. Editorial from British Medical Journal;

But I don't think this was ever in doubt though. The problem is how many people this can infect. If four of five are asymptomatic, that does not mean they cannot spread the virus. I am not sure why people get caught up on the idea of the mortality rate. Infection rate when all is said and done will be what's more important. Because of the way COVID-19 spreads, it could infect billions and even with a 0.001% mortality rate it would kill millions of people. So, the only thing that would change this situation for me would be if it was discovered the virus does not really spread that easily. All evidence suggests that is not the case.

On the idea of people over 70 being given community service for going out with the code, get ready to see bands of pensioners cleaning parks in the coming weeks.

But I don't think this was ever in doubt though. The problem is how many people this can infect. If four of five are asymptomatic, that does not mean they cannot spread the virus. I am not sure why people get caught up on the idea of the mortality rate. Infection rate when all is said and done will be what's more important. Because of the way COVID-19 spreads, it could infect billions and even with a 0.001% mortality rate it would kill millions of people. So, the only thing that would change this situation for me would be if it was discovered the virus does not really spread that easily. All evidence suggests that is not the case.

On the idea of people over 70 being given community service for going out with the code, get ready to see bands of pensioners cleaning parks in the coming weeks.
I don't understand the logic of this. I know plenty of people over 70 who will go active rebellion over this. What exactly is the government trying to prove with this foolishness?

I'm just saying that lockdown was an unnecessary and ruinously costly response to this problem, and those measures only have wide public acceptance because of a broad overestimation of the dangers the virus poses.

If we knew from the start what we'll eventually come to know about how relatively undangerous this thing is, we would have taken a more subtle approach and done far far less economic harm.

Keeping pensioners and other vulnerable people inside, however, should probably be part of any scheme that doesn't include antibody tests.

She got the solid calm kind discussion. We are a going through this according to 2 potential paths dear.

1. We do this together and I make the rules as I have a medical work background which you do not have dear.

or

2. You leave we separate and you do as you wish.

End of discussion!

20 minutes I get I am sorry you are right and since then no more issues. Mind she got the boot for 6 months 4 years ago for buying a car without giving me full and correct information putting me in debt. I do not do debt and very glad right now especially that I do not do and do not have debt. But she sure knows from experience I have done it before so I am sure my words were taken seriously.

End of story all is well that ends well.

She got the solid calm kind discussion. We are a going through this according to 2 potential paths dear.

1. We do this together and I make the rules as I have a medical work background which you do not have dear.

or

End of discussion!

20 minutes I get I am sorry you are right and since then no more issues. Mind she got the boot for 6 months 4 years ago for buying a car without giving me full and correct information putting me in debt. I do not do debt and very glad right now especially that I do not do and do not have debt. But she sure knows from experience I have done it before so I am sure my words were taken seriously.

Sounds more like a dictatorship than a marriage. However, if that works for you, best of luck!

or

End of discussion!

perfect Pensador. That was talking like a man ; team leader!

As predicted:

Not only is the quarantine not being lifted, but in the case of people in CABA aged 70 and over it is being strengthened and going nuclear. To be announced today at 12pm, from Monday, even to go to the shop or pharmacy, those aged 70 plus need to ring a number (147) the day before in order to receive a one-use only code. Before being given the code, we are first given a speech about the health risks, and then asked if we would prefer to use the Mayores Cuidados program to bring our groceries or medication to us. The code is valid for one day only. If we leave home without having obtained a code and are stopped, we are turned around. If we repeat offend, the penalty will be community service. The only activities for which a person aged 70 and over can leave home without first having obtained the code, are to get a vaccination, or to collect a pension payment.

The midnight to dawn radio programs have been inundated with angry callers.

Hard to imagine that they can possibly implement this: the worst job in the Argentina in the coming weeks would surely be the people in the call center fielding the calls from indignant seniors requesting a code. But for now, that is what we have to look forward to if we live in CABA.

I don't know about you but I'm starting to crack. Yesterday I kept thinking, 'I have to get out of here. This is how Hitler died, hiding in his bunker with his wife, Eva Braun.'

I don't know about you but I'm starting to crack. Yesterday I kept thinking, 'I have to get out of here. This is how Hitler died, hiding in his bunker with his wife, Eva Braun.'

Where will u go? Its pretty strict in entire South America.

Back