Argentine wifes inches from getting the boot

It's very hard but apparently we have to start thinking in terms of the long haul. I don't know how to prepare
for that other than by trying to plan out what needs to be done, when, and how often. We are lucky to have a
grocery that can deliver. Other than that and a once-a-month pharmacy visit we are good to stay inside for
the duration. The hardest thing for me so far, and with a small apartment, is to walk back and forth to try to
exercise my legs. I know people are going outside to do that but it is strictly speaking illegal and if everyone
starts going outside we're just asking for the virus to spread even more. And if we're looking at sometime
in 2021 for this thing to run its course, there are going to be a lot of changes occurring.

I don't understand the logic of this. I know plenty of people over 70 who will go active rebellion over this. What exactly is the government trying to prove with this foolishness?
I think the complications will occur when the #147 lines are overwhelmed by too many calls at a time. I won't be one to deal with this new restriction as my 70th birthday will not happen chronologically until the end of this year.

I think the complications will occur when the #147 lines are overwhelmed by too many calls at a time. I won't be one to deal with this new restriction as my 70th birthday will not happen chronologically until the end of this year.
I'm short of 70 by a few years as well. My concern is for the very healthy over 70s out there who will be almost complete shut ins. I've been in agreement with the government until now with their policies of handling the virus, but this is overkill. You leave it to the bureaucrats long enough and they will eventually **** things up.

I'm short of 70 by a few years as well. My concern is for the very healthy over 70s out there who will be almost complete shut ins. I've been in agreement with the government until now with their policies of handling the virus, but this is overkill. You leave it to the bureaucrats long enough and they will eventually **** things up.

I'm exercising and trying to stay stimulated but l think that wont be enough to keep me physically and mentally healthy for much longer. Once younger people are allowed to move freely I'm going to have to weigh the risks vs benefits of resuming some normal activities. For sure when international flights open up I'm gone.

@jeff1234 where are some good places during this pandemic? Just curious, because for all the debate (here and elsewhere) I think this is the first time I've heard someone talk of leaving with such conviction.

Larreta is already backing out of the above-70-stay-home thing. Now, there will be no community service for those caught without the permit, and the police has been instructed to "educate" the geezers as to the dangers of the virus, and the availability of services to help them.

I never thought that crazy rule could be enforced. Nor should it.

Last edited:
Larreta is already backing out of the above-70-stay-home thing. Now, there will be no community service for those caught without the permit, and the police has been instructed to "educate" the geezers as to the dangers of the virus, and the availability of services to help them.

I never thought that crazy rule could be enforced. Nor should it.
Good news. Let's hope they scrap the whole thing. A poorly thought out idea to begin with.

@jeff1234 where are some good places during this pandemic? Just curious, because for all the debate (here and elsewhere) I think this is the first time I've heard someone talk of leaving with such conviction.

Yeah, its new to me too. There are no 'good' places at this point in the pandemic. The destination matters less than getting out of the house. Even if I increase my risk.

What of driving to another province which has lifted quarantine/resumes activities? Anyone think that would be allowed or strictly prohibited?

Already there is talk of resuming activities in some provinces, an article just today in batimes.. but even without this article it's reasonable to assume provinces which have less density than BA would be allowed for freer movement sooner than BA.

Last edited:
Back