Argentines And Chileans Star A Mass Brawl In Copacabana

Possible, but unlikely. For many Brazilians, watch Argentines being beaten by chileans is priceless. For everything else (including bribes), there is MasterCard.

If they were really present then that would demonstrate the difference between a professional police force (as seen at other world cups) and just some corrupt incompetents with a badge.

If they were really present then that would demonstrate the difference between a professional police force (as seen at other world cups) and just some corrupt incompetents with a badge.

I don;t think there is any doubt about most of them just being thugs with a badge.

I didn't see any fighting just a Chilean with a bloody nose presumably from a misplaced high-five from another Chilean...

Children. Nothing but children in grown men's bodies.
I agree. Unfortunately the same happens between some "fans" of other countries (incl. the one I come from) as well. Nothing new. But usually when there is a world cup and large groups of fans move around then there is police around to step in immediately.

I agree. Unfortunately the same happens between some "fans" of other countries (incl. the one I come from) as well. Nothing new. But usually when there is a world cup and large groups of fans move around then there is police around to step in immediately.

It's what soccer is all about.

It's what soccer is all about.
That is where you are completely wrong. It is about enjoying an exciting game either in the stadium, some public place with other fans, or at home - like the match between Chile and Spain yesterday (what a game!). There are always some idiots trying to use these public events to start a fight (or idiots who enjoy when others fight). But overall that is a tiny percentage of the fans.

I don't know/don't care who kicked who's butt but when watching that video I can't help to notice how those chilenos are stealing all our chants and that pisses me off.

That is where you are completely wrong. It is about enjoying an exciting game either in the stadium, some public place with other fans, or at home - like the match between Chile and Spain yesterday (what a game!). There are always some idiots trying to use these public events to start a fight (or idiots who enjoy when others fight). But overall that is a tiny percentage of the fans.

There's never been a better account than http://www.outsideonline.com/outdoor-adventure/sports/The-Beautiful-Game.html

Back