Argentinian Wines

Meri: you can find Terrazas de los Andes wines at many Whole Foods stores in the US for around US$10. I haven't been to New Jersey recently, but have them check at their local WF and you may save yourself some hassle.

The most popular Argentine wine I see in the New York City tri-state area is Alamos, which I never thought was that great. The price ranges from $10-$12 dollars. I have also seen Norton, but not the table variety, the reserve variety for around $20 dollars. I have yet to see a large display of Argentine wines anywhere around here, there are many more Chilean wines to chose from (I wonder why??). Most of the wine drinkers I speak to have never tried an Argentine wine, I found some Catena Zapata in Miami and shared it with some friends who enjoyed it very much. I still don't think that Argentine wines will ever come close to the popularity of French, Italian or Spanish wines due to history and Argnetina's lack of ability to organize successful business ventures that are long lasting and stable. Just not in their blood, which is a shame because in my opinion a number of Argentine wines rival wines from the countries in mention and have won international awards. I am sure Argentine wines are more popular in some other countries besides the US that I haven't travelled to, however I am sure the same holds true around the world regarding their ability to meet supply and demand. Argentine exports are falling in numbers all to the detriment of the people and the economy.

Meri: you can find Terrazas de los Andes wines at many Whole Foods stores in the US for around US$10. I haven't been to New Jersey recently, but have them check at their local WF and you may save yourself some hassle.

Ah good to know! My parents don't have one in their town, but I'll tell my friend in Portland Oregon who also loves it!

One practical question.... Best Argie wines under $50 PESOS , where to find them ,,,, Special deals?

The most popular Argentine wine I see in the New York City tri-state area is Alamos, which I never thought was that great. The price ranges from $10-$12 dollars. I have also seen Norton, but not the table variety, the reserve variety for around $20 dollars. I have yet to see a large display of Argentine wines anywhere around here, there are many more Chilean wines to chose from (I wonder why??). Most of the wine drinkers I speak to have never tried an Argentine wine, I found some Catena Zapata in Miami and shared it with some friends who enjoyed it very much. I still don't think that Argentine wines will ever come close to the popularity of French, Italian or Spanish wines due to history and Argnetina's lack of ability to organize successful business ventures that are long lasting and stable. Just not in their blood, which is a shame because in my opinion a number of Argentine wines rival wines from the countries in mention and have won international awards. I am sure Argentine wines are more popular in some other countries besides the US that I haven't travelled to, however I am sure the same holds true around the world regarding their ability to meet supply and demand. Argentine exports are falling in numbers all to the detriment of the people and the economy.

David during the 1;1 economy up to 2001 Argie wines in the USA were priced out of the market... and had a small Market share? if any

Chilean Wines became dominant after striking an exclusive distribution agreement with Seagrams for USA and Canada...! Made several covers of Wine Spectator and has Don Melchor Cabernet Sauvignon From Concha y Toro vineyard among the Top 10 of 2014...!!! for yes $125 dollars

http://2014.top100.winespectator.com/

http://mscwordpresscontent.s3.amazonaws.com/2014top100/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/Shadowplay67978-2.mp4

Chilean wines became dominant after striking a distribution agreement with Seagrams for North America... and made Wine Spectator many Covers and the Top 10 for 2014 with Don Melchor from Concha y Toro Cabernet Sauvignon for $125 Dollars a bottle....! See Video

http://2014.top100.w...-concha-y-toro/

http://www.statista.com/statistics/233681/value-of-the-leading-6-wine-import-countries-to-the-us/

What does it say... need to register to open...!! Copy and Paste same of the data... Tks

Sorry ,can`t enter again. Google it or look the list below the chart , the figure for Argentina is around 8% of total imports ahead of Spain with a bit less.

Back