Argentinos

True speaking for yourself...However, the industrialists in Brazil, has different wishes..

And they make up what, 0.01% of the population? And I think most of them want to see their business become powerhouses, not the country itself.

And they make up what, 0.01% of the population? And I think most of them want to see their business become powerhouses, not the country itself.

Well, I wanting to go with the opinions of G8 world leaders vision, and that Brazil is wanting to and will be very important participitant of world economy managers. PRC, US, India, then definitely your natal country will be in the club TBA by 2035 year..Japan and Korea plus EU and Russia will be behind Brazil by that era...Also by then hoping that Argentina to be less arrogant and can learn a bit from its neighbour..I always have dear respect for Brazil !

Also by then hoping that Argentina to be less arrogant and can learn a bit from its neighbour..I always have dear respect for Brazil !

To be fair with Argentina, in terms of arrogance, the country has come a long ways over the past 30 years. Yes, the "ugly Argentine" is still around, and you can find it even in this forum, but it is nowhere near as prevalent as it used to be. Some of the change came for natural maturing of the country, some if came for the humble pies the country had to eat since the Falkland fiasco and the successive economic crisis and some come from the fact that due to immigration, Argentina is gradually becoming more Paraguayan, Bolivian and Peruvian.

As arrogant as you may think Argentina is, we have to admit that the country has improved and it continues to improve on this aspect. it still has a while to go, but the trend is obvious.

the original was written by the Latin American (Mexican) poet Octavio Paz.....

El escritor mexicano Octavio Paz dijo que «los argentinos son italianos que hablan español y se creen franceses». La frase tomó vida propia y se ha reiterado con diversas variantes, pero más allá de la ironía sutil expresa también una penetración profunda de la compleja realidad étnico-cultural generada por el terremoto de la inmigración masiva.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Argentinians are Italians who speak Spanish, act French and wish they were British, expect North American salaries but produce like Ethiopians, vote like Somalians, think like Leftists and live like the bourgeoisie, would like to have Canadian management but organize like Bolivians, admire the orderliness of the Swiss but emulate the disorder of the Nigerians.

Could not agree more but with one omission they forgot to compare Argentino inelegance to anything. Hmmm maybe they could not find anything that low.

Edit.. Well maybe something like Argentinos think they are as intelligent as Americans but emulate the intelligence of Venezuelans.

Could not agree more but with one omission they forgot to compare Argentino inelegance to anything. Hmmm maybe they could not find anything that low.

Edit.. Well maybe something like Argentinos think they are as intelligent as Americans but emulate the intelligence of Venezuelans.

Your wife is from Argentina and with your statements you are insulting her as well. You sound as if your stay in Argentina left you with PTSD. Any Uruguay expats forum available to vent or is this the only one?

I'm truly having trouble deciding if you are deriding 'inelegance' or 'intelligence,' but honestly, I am wondering if most of these national put-downs are based on trying to move from the individual to the general? Who are all these feckless, inflated-ego, intellectually lacking people being discussed? The Argentine people we know are very well educated, solid thinkers and generous, lovely people who are far too well-mannered to lump all norteamericanos into the international stereotypes we are all too aware of....

Do not even bother about "Pensador", he is your average pathetic troll from Mercopress.

Argentinians are Italians who speak Spanish, act French and wish they were British, expect North American salaries but produce like Ethiopians, vote like Somalians, think like Leftists and live like the bourgeoisie, would like to have Canadian management but organize like Bolivians, admire the orderliness of the Swiss but emulate the disorder of the Nigerians.

Whoever wrote this piece of doodoo has obviously never been to Ethiopia, Nigeria or Somalia.

How can one ask for a thread to be closed and deleted?

Back