Argentne credit cards: new restrictions?

sergio

Registered
It seems the government is considering restricting the use of Argentine credit cards outside Argentina. Will they make banks use the "blue" or black market rate? Nothing would surprise me. The restrictions on personal freedom imposed by this government are mind boggling. Is there no end to this?

sergio said:
It seems the government is considering restricting the use of Argentine credit cards outside Argentina. Will they make banks use the "blue" or black market rate? Nothing would surprise me. The restrictions on personal freedom imposed by this government are mind boggling. Is there no end to this?

Wouldnt surprise me at all with this government that they enforce some kind of restrictions on use of credit cards outside of Arg. I highly doubt it would be possible though for them to manipulate the FX rate to one that is illegal. Where did you hear this? (source?)

trennod said:
Wouldnt surprise me at all with this government that they enforce some kind of restrictions on use of credit cards outside of Arg. I highly doubt it would be possible though for them to manipulate the FX rate to one that is illegal. Where did you hear this? (source?)

They are probably going to put a spending limit, similar to what Venezuela has. So you get to spend maybe $5000 USD per year on your Argentine card.

Aiming to become a Argentine citizen in near future...so how does all this US$ control affect us, naturalized new Argentine citizens.

For me, I don't earn a single us$ or Ar peso in Argentina ( all my money comes from abroad from a job), should I be worried and having sleepless nights?

Yes, spending limit like Venezuela is next, and if that happens the dollar blue will go up.

I earn most of my money abroad but still I have problems taking my money out of my US account or if I have to cash a check, btw if anyone knows a reliable cueva to deal with, please send me a PM. Thanks

Is there a source for this folks ? I'd be interested in reading something beyond speculation.

We've just had an overseas payment with an Argentine credit card declined, the credit card processing company in NZ will not explain why they won't give an authorisation number to process the payment (the credit card being a work one, the limit and balance are all good!). I'm hoping this is just a temporary glitch.
This is what happened after the crash 2002/03 due to the financial risks presented in accepting transactions where they may or may not be able to receive the actual payment, many places in NZ started refusing ARG credit cards. I guess this could happen again.

Back