Arriving At Ezeiza - Observations

sergio

Registered
Arrived in Ezeiza from London yesterday. British Airways flight from London had lots of empty seats -- I had three to myself.

Flight attendant said that BA was very expensive and unsafe. Said that the crew did not go out much.

Immigration official was pleasant.

My customs declaration form was never collected.

No questions asked when bags went through the x-ray machine.

Official Ezieza taxi now $250 pesos to center.

I had the same experience coming from Canada. The plane was also 1/2 empty, which was admittedly nice. The immigration officials were pleasant but I found the "movie" a bit creepy-- the one that sings the praises of the Panopticon, it's shown while you are in the immigration line. And my declaration form wasn't collected and no one asked me anything either about my bags.

A very different experience than my recent customs/immigration experiences in the US and UK.

I had the same experience coming from Canada. The plane was also 1/2 empty, which was admittedly nice. The immigration officials were pleasant but I found the "movie" a bit creepy-- the one that sings the praises of the Panopticon, it's shown while you are in the immigration line. And my declaration form wasn't collected and no one asked me anything either about my bags.

A very different experience than my recent customs/immigration experiences in the US and UK.

I had no problems with UK immigration. I find US immigration intimidating, though.

That's refreshing news.
I was getting the impression that EZE had become a real pain in the rear.

I was coming in from Middle East a month ago on business class. I was probably the only 1 or 2 passenger. On the way out, slightly better but with a bunch of happy brazilians.

Arrived in Ezeiza from London yesterday. British Airways flight from London had lots of empty seats -- I had three to myself.

Flight attendant said that BA was very expensive and unsafe. Said that the crew did not go out much.

Immigration official was pleasant.

My customs declaration form was never collected.

No questions asked when bags went through the x-ray machine.

Official Ezieza taxi now $250 pesos to center.

I've never flown British Airways, but I'm surprised their own crew consider them unsafe.

I've never flown British Airways, but I'm surprised their own crew consider them unsafe.

Not sure what you mean by "them". The flight attendant said that the city was unsafe and expensive (they don't get the blue rate) and she said that most of the flight attendants (mostly British from what I can see) do not go out.

My step-mom is an ex-flight attendent for American (she is retired) and my father is a reitred pilot. They come down a lot to visit, and the way they tell it all their airline friends have bought apartments in BsAs or come down all the time to party and still think of the city as safe.
They would agree with the expensive observation though.
I think safefy has a lot to do with where you are coming from and what you are told or hear from the news--London is probably much safer than most major US cities.

Not sure what you mean by "them". The flight attendant said that the city was unsafe and expensive (they don't get the blue rate) and she said that most of the flight attendants (mostly British from what I can see) do not go out.

I think you missed the joke. Hint: What does BA stand for, the airline or the city?

Back