Arriving from Chicago

rmgarcia

Registered
Hola!

Just wanted to start reaching out to the expat community, as my husband and I just moved here this week. We visited a few weeks ago, settled on an apartment, and are now here for his company. We are in our late 20s/early 30s are are looking to find out about any fun events, gatherings or places to go to meet other people from around the world.

My husband speaks Spanish and I am conversational, so we're hoping that we can meet people from all over the world and not just the US. We're here to work, but also to really get our Spanish perfected!

Any and all information about the city and what to expect would be great. We're looking to really to make the most out of this next year's experience!

Rachel and Daniel

This is a good resource for discovering different cultural events throughout BA (many of them free): http://agendacultural.buenosaires.gob.ar/ One that I particularly enjoy is Gallery Nights, which I think will be coming up in April.

If you're into food, you might want to check out a closed-door restaurant (like Casa Mun), where you'll meet both tourists and locals. And there are lots of classes/activities you could join, depending on your interests (yoga, bicycling, chess, dance, painting, cooking, etc.)

Back