Arriving Wednesday April 27th from California!

Whenever I return from the States, I bring lots of good coffee and tea, some favorite DVDs, all-natural bath products and fluoride mouth rinse, a stash of new books and crossword puzzles, a couple of good umbrellas and pairs of sunglasses, and then I have another suitcase pretty much completely dedicated to food, chocolate, and spices (I HIGHLY recommend stocking up on Trader Joe's goodies before you leave.)

i thought i was the only one obsess with bringing flannel sheets to BA...glad to know i am not alone.

i also agree with bringing deodorant, vitamins, condiments, food, medicine (tylenol, benadryl, etc), shampoo, and so on.
My luggage looks like a pharmacy at the moment...i am also moving to BA by the end of the month.

Good luck!
;)

High quality knives. Goto Costco in MV or La Jolla and buy some knives. You can sell them when you leave on mercado libre.

Actually any high quality kitchen implements, but knives are portable. Pots and pans here are ahem sub-standard.

Agree 100% about sheets. I still have my Bed Bath and Beyond sheets from 5 years ago that I brought down. And two down pillows. The other day I had to buy sheets for an apartment we manage and they cost 400 pesos! And they are not that high quality!

Why would you bring flannel sheets? The winter is mild here - won´t you roast in those sheets?

Courtney
Casa34 Short-term Furnished Apartment Rentals in BsAs

Thank you for all of your help everyone. I've packed some extra shoes, a nice/new flannel sheet, some over-the-counter medicine, and an extra Patagonia jacket to prepare for July. I'll be arriving in the Palermo area on Wednesday. I'm traveling very light... I've just got a large framed pack and a small day-pack to keep my essentials for my stay. Hoping to buy all extraneous items upon arrival. Wish me luck!

The Pantene hair spay isn't bad - available at Cosco etc.

And the coffee at Establecimiento General de Cafe (EST) is wonderful. They roast it there, and it is sooo good. And the cafe itself is great for a lunch or treats in their garden or upstairs - with your coffee. One is located at the corner of Santa Fe and Pueyrredon and there is another - maybe near Plaza San Martin.

So, if you luggage is getting heavy with sheets and spices, you could forgo the coffee and hairspray - IMO.

Good luck with your move to Argentina! If you're a foodie, I wrote a post that may interest you about various foods that are difficult to find in Argentina (even more so if you live outside Capital Federal as I do).

I, too, agree with the advice about sheets and cooking utensils. I brought a ton of kitchen items with me when I moved here.

Back