ATM Find!

"ghost" said:
Mike 1
When you did your $3000 peso transaction at Citi were you using a Citi card or some other card. Thanks
I did a $300 pesos transaction with my US Citibank card and the German tourist that I helped did the $3000 pesos was using a German Citibank card. That was how i know that you can get $3000 from the ATM at Citibank on Florida St.

Dear Mike1, Thank you very much for the tip. Since I have been here ( 2006) I have not been able to withdraw more than $300 pesos per/W. I have account on citi and Bank of America where I am charged 6 dollars in fees per transaction. ( Citi does not charge you anything, if you withdraw on a citi ATM/) But still .. no more than $300 pesos.
After googling' I found out that in Bolivia and Peru you can withdraw in US currency, and the limit is the one your bank in US gives you. So.. since I am down here and willing to travel around..I decided to go to Bolivia on March. Gues what? I could withdraw as much I wanted in US Currency and only "$2 dollar fee" which compared with 5,90 something.. Makes a HUGH difference on the long run.I will now try to go to that ATM Hopefully it works!!! ( since I have tried in diffent ATMs in several parts of BA. Cheers!Kat

Well, good luck , because the only truely consistant rule that applies in Argentina is................you are going to get screwed.

HSBC 2 hours ago.

Withdrew 300 pesos, then 600, then 700, then 1400

using the 'checking account' option on the screen.

using a US debit card.

...maybe they lifted the restrictions - anyone else tried it?

3.39 today also - plazo fijos at 15%

Fishface said:
Withdrew 300 pesos, then 600, then 700, then 1400

FF,

At what location? Do you have an HSBC debit card or card from some other US bank?

Thanks.

Mike1: can you pls provide details how you wired funds from the USA to a Argentine bank account? Either i have been hit with massive red tape and endless formalities or extremely high fees ($100usd per transation) or both...even for small amounts (under $2K).

banelco lets me take out 500 a day on a UK visa debit

Choose a banco ciudad and you can select visa as the network, and then can take out 3 x 500

If you're really desperate, you can buy USD with a card in banco piano, without limit I think.

Back