ATM in Uruguay for dollars

Most banks allow US$ 300 per ATM extraction, the fee is US$ 5 per extraction for most banks, as I now, You van go to Banco Republica Oriental Uy and extract US$1000 once a day with your foreign credit card.

Cashing Arg pesos in Colonia into dollars gives a worse rate than going to Florida and buying US$ , if you consider the BQB and other costs involved.

good luck

This account closing may not be their fault. Someone I know (businessman) was making exchanges by USD transfers to US account, then giving pesos and started thinking he was going to have to change to a different jurisdiction. There was nothing wrong with the transactions except people here changing money. Sure enough he got a call to answer questions about how he knew the people were not laundering money. After that he stopped doing it. The banks are kind of up against some challenges I think and they want to stay out of trouble--and I don't blame them. .

There is no Uruguay Blue rate.

Last time I was in Montevideo the exc. rate for AR$ was great - 'cause I bought AR$.

http://brou.com.uy/web/guest/institucional/cotizaciones

There is no Uruguay Blue rate.

Last time I was in Montevideo the exc. rate for AR$ was great - 'cause I bought AR$.

http://brou.com.uy/w...al/cotizaciones

This is why I'm confused

Pesos Argentinos Por Dólar: Compra (11.83780) Venta (7.49120)

From what I'm guessing, it's $11.83 ARS to buy $1.00 USD, and they will
give you $7.49 ARS for every dollar you sell them. If that's the case, why
buy ARS in UY? Unless I'm getting this all wrong.

This is why I'm confused

Pesos Argentinos Por Dólar: Compra (11.83780) Venta (7.49120)

From what I'm guessing, it's $11.83 ARS to buy $1.00 USD, and they will
give you $7.49 ARS for every dollar you sell them. If that's the case, why
buy ARS in UY? Unless I'm getting this all wrong.
I bought AR$ to spend in Argentina, using my remaining UY$.

ARbound-- I'm with CIBC in Canada. I was only able to take out $300 USD at a time and I paid approximately $10 CDN per transaction ($5 to Uruguay, $5 to Canada) and was only able to take out $300 USD at a time. I also took out the equivalent of about $100 in Uruguayan pesos. So I paid about $40 Canadian in bank fees that day. And don't forget the CDN to USD exchange, our dollar is at about .95 right now. The bank will probably give you .92 or .93.

Then again, you say that you are only taking $200. So it will cost you $10 CDN in fees and will be about $215 CDN. It still beats the ATM in Argentina though!

Back