ATM in Uruguay for dollars

Its_not_me

Registered
Can anyone tell me where these mythical ATMs in Uruguay that give dollars are,I'm down here for a long time a few months will née sto replenish the reserves want to have a plan in place.i want to sty over night in montevideo and take out 2-3k$ depending on timing, etc... I can pull 1kpor dia.

FYI - Rumor has it that for the last two weeks, people have only been able to withdraw a maximum of USD$200 a pop at BROU ATMs, meaning they have to spend a lot more in transaction fees than before.

i was able to take out more than $200 a few months ago.
i think the limit was 300-400 ish though.

Its_not_me said:
I have a schwab card don't care about fees just née a large withdrawal

Be very careful with Schwab. Repeated large US dollar withdrawals in Uruguay will run a very high risk of getting your account closed by their compliance department.

mcaffa said:
FYI - Rumor has it that for the last two weeks, people have only been able to withdraw a maximum of USD$200 a pop at BROU ATMs, meaning they have to spend a lot more in transaction fees than before.

They seem to have some kind of automated rationing system at some BROU ATMs. The ones in Colonia seem to have an arbitrary limit at times that goes up and down.

Elsewhere in UY I haven't encountered problems withdrawing $1000 per transaction, with the usual idiosyncrasy of the ATM going out of service for a minute between each use.

About 5 weeks, was able to withdraw 2.400 USD in three separate 300 USD operations in Colonia (was the limit then).
I'll have more USDs withdrawn in Uruguay in about 5 days, will update.

I second French jurists' statement.
I was in colonia 2.5 weeks ago and I could USD 300 at a time. However my bank blocked my card and that was all I got.
My Uruguayan friend can withdraw USD 500 with his credit card. Either way I will be in a couple of cities in Uruguay this weekend and can update.
Also, depending on how much money you need, it might be easier just going to the cashier in the bank and getting everything at once!

i can confirm that Monday i withdrew 300 dollars in colonia, then another 200 dollars (my card limit is 500/day). long lines at atms though for whatever reason...

el_expatriado said:
Hi guys. If you need USD here in Argentina, send me a PM with your e-mail address and I can refer you to someone who can give you as much USD as you need right here in Buenos Aires. No need to travel to Uruguay.

There are no fees for this service. It is free.

What kind of rate are we talking about?

Back