ATM in Uruguay for dollars

What was the number of ATMs you used for the 8 withdrawals (did you do multipled withdrawals at some of the same machines), and how many different bank companies?
Thanks.

Argento said:
What was the number of ATMs you used for the 8 withdrawals (did you do multipled withdrawals at some of the same machines), and how many different bank companies?
Thanks.

Same ATMs (show up as "Discount Bank" on my online statement).
Only one bank.

Limit is 300 USD per withdrawal no matter what (could be lower during weekends or right after weekends though for obvious reasons).

French jurist said:
Same ATMs (show up as "Discount Bank" on my online statement).
Only one bank.

Limit is 300 USD per withdrawal no matter what (could be lower during weekends or right after weekends though for obvious reasons).
Thanks for the update.

Hi
Very new to this system interested in your sugestion can you send me a PM, to reply with my email.
Tks

el_expatriado said:
Hi guys. If you need USD here in Argentina, send me a PM with your e-mail address and I can refer you to someone who can give you as much USD as you need right here in Buenos Aires. No need to travel to Uruguay.

There are no fees for this service. It is free.

this applies to me as well in mendoza send pm if interested in USD in the mendoza area. thanks

Rich One;173414 Hi
Very new to this system interested in your sugestion. El_expatriado can you send me a PM, to reply with my email.
Tks[

ndcj said:
My account got closed by their compliance department, which I suspect means that it has nothing to do with the ATM rebates and everything to do with a series of withdrawals in a relatively short period of time (a couple of weeks) in a fiscal paradise that may have looked like a "structured" transaction to avoid IRS reporting.

I have had similar experience with closed credit union account due to excessive atm withdrawals. Would it make sense to open usd account in Colonia, deposit personal check and withdraw cash from teller? It may require some advance planning as personal check takes up to a month to clear.

el_expatriado said:
Hi guys. If you need USD here in Argentina, send me a PM with your e-mail address and I can refer you to someone who can give you as much USD as you need right here in Buenos Aires. No need to travel to Uruguay.

I just PMed you about this as well :) Thx!

el_expatriado said:

So whats the catch then, if there is no fees????
:rolleyes:

A friend of mine (retired in the USA) opened a bank account in Colonia. He travels every 3 or 4 months, and takes backs enough money for the next 3 months,etc. I lost a US bank card in Colonia recently, the ATM sucked it in and I could not get it back from the BROU bank.

Back