ATM problem?

yoda

Registered
Hi!
I tried to get some cash today from ATM and I could not get any. I tried different banks and it´s all the same...
Anybody having a same problem? or it´s just me?
I´m new in town and I don´t speak Spanish so I couldn´t ask the bank...

Around three PM they balance the atm machines and they don't give cash. This takes up to half an hour and its usually all of them at the same time. You should try again before calling your bank.

Try taking out 300 pesos 3 times. I know this works for some people.
The atms here are a lottery and there is no set answer,much will depend on your cards, your card companys security policy, your age might determine how much you can take out per day(common with students)
But the 300 pesos trick should get you out of a tight spot

Hello all.
I am responding to expats who have encounterd a problem with the ATM limited withdrawals. Here I am proposing to take some affirmative action.
I have contacted my bank in Canada to inquire what if any problems exist at that end. The answer from the Security Branch was nada. I was also told they (ARG Banks ) were not breaking any international laws. I arranged to have my account debited 5.00$ everytime I reached my limit of 3000 pesos.
On this end I contacted an officer with the National Bank of Argentina and was told this was a request from Visa International. What for, I asked as they do not make any money from my ATM card. Answer, "we do not know." That is a typical answer here in ARG. One I am used to by now.
For the record we all have the same rights as any Argentine with regards to prices in any market.

Now I do not want to hear any comments on other issues. I live here permanently , I love it here, I understand the many complexities of living here and have accepted them. So lets concentrate on fixing this ATM problem now!
Please contact me at [email protected].
I intend to launch a complaint from us here, and then enjoin Canada and the USA government to assist as well as using the media back home to warn off tourists wishing to come here. I have the time , the knowledge and need your support from the expats living here, all of you.
So write me, tell me your experiences as you encountered them, what banks, dates etc and lets get this done, then we can work on other issues collectively.
Best regards,
Jedard

Back