ATM's??

NZCoDirector said:
When I get the message that the transaction cannot be processed (providing it is not that the ATM is empty of money) then I try a smaller amout and that usually works. Of course it is a nusiance as the fees are the same for the lesser sum but for all that I can still get cash.

When I went, it was saying that it was unable to process the transaction, but it said that after asking if I agreed to the extra charge. Usually if the atms don't have money, they tell you before you accept the charge.

Did they change the max you can take out at ATMs? I can usually get 1000 pesos out without a problem, but I haven't tried in a couple weeks.

I WOULD appreciate knowing how not to pay these fees of 17.2 on each withdrawal

also if i need to pay the fees what is the most i can take out at one time

some of the last question depends on one's credit limits

i have had no problem yet of getting money

please respond also to me at
[email protected]

thanks

El Duderino said:
Did they change the max you can take out at ATMs? I can usually get 1000 pesos out without a problem, but I haven't tried in a couple weeks.

Yes, it seems the Link network ATMs at the moment (no matter which network you actually select when going through the transaction on them) have some limit set just below $1000. Maybe they started including the service charge in the $1000 limit?

Trying again with $950 works fine, twice per day. The symptom is like someone above wrote, you accept the $17 charge, then you get some obtuse error message that it cannot be successfully processed.

I haven't had this problem at Banelco ATMs. Citi non-Banelco ATMs have never worked for me (Schwab Visa Debit card).

Everyone should use CITIBANK ATM's that ARE NOT Banelco (you can withdraw up to some 6000 pesos at a time). I always withdraw a ton at once to avoid paying that 17 peso fee (and a $5 charge from BofA).

(just read above post that said this doesn't work... not sure why that is but it has always worked for me with my Bank of America and HSBC cards)

LaurenW said:
Everyone should use CITIBANK ATM's that ARE NOT Banelco (you can withdraw up to some 6000 pesos at a time). I always withdraw a ton at once to avoid paying that 17 peso fee (and a $5 charge from BofA).

(just read above post that said this doesn't work... not sure why that is but it has always worked for me with my Bank of America and HSBC cards)

Different banks support a different combination of ATM networks (basically the ATM equivalent of Visa and Mastercard, except there's quite a few more. The two biggest ones are Visa Plus (obviously owned by Visa) and Cirrus (owned by Mastercard).

Whatever network those non-Balelco Citi ATMs use, cards from some issuers (like Schwab) are not in the same network and so they don't work. Schwab, though, refunds all ATM fees, so you can just keep repeating the $1000 withdrawals and you get the fees back at the end of the month.

I use a student paypal visa card and works fine at every ATM, you might have a problem with your card, contact your bank

Back