Atucha went offline?

Redpossum

Registered
I am seeing reports that the Atucha nuclear reactor has gone offline, causing widespread power outages, both in AMBA and other cities of Argentina. Other reports are saying that it's a problem with the "National Interconnected System" and that Atucha went offline as a consequence of this. Who knows?

The usual Google Translate deal, banner is in Castellano and story will initially appear in that tongue, but wait a few seconds and it will change to English.

I am seeing reports that the Atucha nuclear reactor has gone offline, causing widespread power outages, both in AMBA and other cities of Argentina. Other reports are saying that it's a problem with the "National InterconneIMG_20230301_174051_646.jpgcted System" and that Atucha went offline as a consequence of this. Who knows?

The usual Google Translate deal, banner is in Castellano and story will initially appear in that tongue, but wait a few seconds and it will change to English.
Apparently a 🔥 affecting some high tension power lines connecting to Atucha ....

My building/Edesur has been having tons of power problems lately, and based on how the lights are dimming and brightening I'm guessing the voltage is fluctuating below and above 220V. I lost power yesterday for like 18 hours again, and when checking the ENRE site today to see if Edesur is ever gonna fix the low tension issue in my neighborhood the site crashed and then I saw the news.

In Mataderos here. Got power back an hour or two ago, but internet is still down. Don’t suppose anyone has an ETA on that?

I have cellular, bur the fibertel is down.
You could always do what I do, and use your phone in USB tether mode to connect your PC, but you'd have to buy a data package from your cell provider.

More immediately, have you rebooted your router?

Well, well, well! It seems we have become international news

You will be able to view this story here in Argentina, but not in the US or western Europe, where they have banned RT, (in an act of shameless censorship).

Hi All, I am having problems posting the attachment but I just read an article online in today’s Bloomberg news that discusses the vast power outage here yesterday….

Back