Australian tourist stabbed in Recoleta neighborhood.

I often run in the afternoon in the area where the attack took place. When I have been tempted to run very early in the morning, when there wouldn't be many people around, I have rethought that. Even though I don't carry any money or my cell phone when I run, thieves/thugs might not know that or care.

The problem for tourists is that even if they know to be careful in BA, it might not occur to them that a so called "safe" area could be unsafe when there aren't a lot of people around.

You didn't see the pistol...! Luckily you survived...!.
I am not sure if you misunderstand, but I think so.

1. Someone was stabbed in front of Facultad de Derecho in Recoleta.
  2. I asked if this was the same place that a poster on this forum reported being stabbed and mugged two weeks ago.
  3. You and another sts said the person from that thread was not stabbed and only the phone was stolen.
  4. I remembered an account of a knife being involved so checked and posted the resulte here (hence why it's in quotation marks). So, I didn't see the pistol because it is not my story.

Incidentally, it was the same place and at least according to the thread two weeks ago, the person and his brother were at least cut by the knife.

Seems to me they are targeting people in that park and general area.

Jogging within ten blocks of Villa 31 does not sound very safe, regardless of the time of day.

Has happened everywhere.. La Boca, Recoleta, Plaza San Martin, Hotel Faena, San Telmo. These are major incidents with excessive violence. tourists that just got robbed of a wallet, must be in the hundreds. Tourist is anyone visiting CABA ..! From wherever..!

I am not sure if you misunderstand, but I think so.

1. Someone was stabbed in front of Facultad de Derecho in Recoleta.
  2. I asked if this was the same place that a poster on this forum reported being stabbed and mugged two weeks ago.
  3. You and another sts said the person from that thread was not stabbed and only the phone was stolen.
  4. I remembered an account of a knife being involved so checked and posted the resulte here (hence why it's in quotation marks). So, I didn't see the pistol because it is not my story.

Incidentally, it was the same place and at least according to the thread two weeks ago, the person and his brother were at least cut by the knife.

Seems to me they are targeting people in that park and general area.

It's a Comedy of errors.. The "quotation marks in your Posting Were overlooked"

The Stories that I know of are; Both Outside the Law School building.

1. An Australian stabbed Saturday Jan 18 as Reported in the Initial Posting Above.
  2. A Student on the Same Spot was robbed his Cellular

It's a Comedy of errors.. The "quotation marks in your Posting Were overlooked"

The Stories that I know of are; Both Outside the Law School building.

1. An Australian stabbed Saturday Jan 18 as Reported in the Initial Posting Above.
  2. A Student on the Same Spot was robbed his Cellular

Ah ok, I understand. I was talking about this case:

"My friends and I (my brother and 2 Argentines) were having mates when 2 ladrones came at us with a knife and a pistol. I did not see the pistol, but the knife was clear when my brother tried to escape it. We knew most AR robberies are nonviolent and generally want just money and valuables, therefore we should have simply capitulated. Unfortunately, I have many years of martial arts training which I put to use going Ip Man on them to free my brother and friend from the robbers. Unfortunately, as I freed my brother from being stabbed (he was lacerated on his thigh), my bag was snatched by the other thief, who proceeded to run...and be chased by me. None of my friends' property was stolen, thankfully. Somewhere in the quarrel, I took a stab wound which the kind-if somewhat hesitant-student at hospital de clinicas stitched up for free and without any documentation whatsoever (which will also scar horribly-my bad for not understanding how and where to use insurance."

Two people had some sort of knife wound so did I miss something later where the phone was only taken?

You are saying that the student was not skilled at his work and that you should have gone to a private clinic? Even at a private clinic the cost would not have been high without insurance.

I've never felt unsafe running there in the afternoon; there are tons of people around.

An Argentine friend used to jog in this area until one morning a thief robbed him at gunpoint. Not only did he take his wallet and watch, he took his trainers and even his jogging shorts and T-shirt. The poor man had to return home in his underpants.

Back