Axel Kicillof At G20

Had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Kicillof on a flight to Atlanta last month. Think he was going to the IMF thing in DC. Do not agree with his politics/economics, however he was courteous and carried himself well. No arrogant self important behavior from what I seen. Was impressed by his demeanor. Far cry from some other AR politicians. Too bad he has hitched his wagon to a loosing regime. He may be short on experience but the boy is not stupid.

Amazing achievement for a full time academic that worked for a small consulting company to have gathered so much power since 2009, in such a short time...! nobody gives you nothing for free...! And his future who knows..!

See his CV​

https://sites.google.com/site/akicillof/

I think they should Axel Krygier instead.
He knows how to get the party started.
The G20 undoubtedly could use more dancing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6LzNV2kUxI

I see Putin left the party early. Must have gotten tired of the "respect international law" comments. I went to a Veteran's Day ceremony last week at the French Veteran's Society. Was talking shop with fighter pilots of the Luftwaffe, Belgium, and French Air Forces. The temperature turned decidedly chilly when the Russian Air Force Colonel showed up.

I see Putin left the party early. Must have gotten tired of the "respect international law" comments. I went to a Veteran's Day ceremony last week at the French Veteran's Society. Was talking shop with fighter pilots of the Luftwaffe, Belgium, and French Air Forces. The temperature turned decidedly chilly when the Russian Air Force Colonel showed up.
Maybe he thought it was OK to fly all forms of war planes [fully armed] through commercial flight lanes with the transponders turned off. Sort of like Russian Roulette with Nuks.

I'm no law scholar, but isnt there something in international law against unlawful use of force (eg Libya), illegal invasion (eg, Afghanistan, Iraq), illegal occupation of foreign territory (eg. Guantánamo) that should make other attendees just as uncomfortable as Señor Putin?

In fact, since you bring up int'l law and are from the US, the US has the curious distinction of having vetoed a UN resolution calling on all countries to obey international law.

Putin is certainly a violator of international law, but at the G20 that would seem to make him fit right in.

Back