B.a. Swimming Pool?

Zorro

Registered
I will be in B.A. for an indefinite time starting in Feb. 2014 and I would like to have access to a lap swim pool.
I am also looking for a nice cheap gym (treadmill, mainly), not necessary that it be in the same facility.
The pool and gym locations may well determine where I rent.
I have not been in B.A. before. I would appreciate any information.

Thank you.

Nice pool and decent gym, Megatlon (Santa Fe Ave. and Rodriguez Pena). Cost, about 750 per month (unless you go for a longer period, there's a big discount for 3, 6,and 12 months.

Theres a gym with a big swimming pool in Paraguay between Larrea and Azcuenaga...

other megatlon w pool near Canitas. also a lap pool in palermo hollywood at el salvador and juan b gusto. the megatlon is much nicer, but the second one in hollywood is 50m.

both areas are great for rentals.

How about renting in a place that has both a swimming pool and gym? Such as: http://www.puente.com.ar/rental/26904-PP1062-departamento-en-argentina-capital-federal-buenos-aires-barracas

Megatlon Barrio Norte is 20m long, 2.40m deep if I remember correctly. Gym used to be open 24hs but I know they changed that. I'm guessing the working hours will be 6/7 am to 11PM.
Have in mind thay any sign of athlete's foot will be an impediment to get into any decent pool in Buenos Aires. So if you have any condition that could look like that (psoriasis e.g.) probably will need a Doctor's note about it.
You get a clearance to get into the pool from a jr. Doc, usually in a small room nexto to the pool, that seems to be hired just for that. And every month have to pass the same test.

When I arrived in BA in 2008 I joined the GEBA Jorge Newbery seed club in Palermo. It has a 50 Meter (164 feet) Outdoor Pool which gets a bubble in winter.
It has an outdoor track & field and 9 outdoor tennis courts. A wonderful club in the Palermo area. http://www.portaldegeba.com/
I now live in the South side of the city, I've joined a different club. It has an indoor pool only 25 meters. (About 80 feet.)
PM me if you want more info.

Back