Votes: 28 32.6%
  • Books or writing event

Votes: 18 20.9%
  • Well-known park or garden

Votes: 65 75.6%
  • None of the above

Votes: 9 10.5%

• Total voters
May 18th - International Museum Day - Museums in the city will be open, free admittance, with special activities and exhibits

http://www.museos.buenosaires.gob.ar/actividades.htm#dia

There will be a very good FREE classical music concert at 11:00AM this Sunday(May 26)in the Teatro Colon. I will post the program below. They will start handing out the free tickets for this concert on Friday morning. For these concerts they usually give out four free tickets for each person in line. The first tickets they hand out will be the "platea"(orchestra)level seats. If you want to get a good seat I would recommend you get in line for tickets no later than 9:15AM(on Friday). If you like listening to piano trios, you will not be disappointed if you attend this concert. Todorov is an unbelievable cellist, and the other musicians are not too shabby, either. Here is the program:

Opus Trío

Freddy Varela Montero, violín
Paula Peluso, piano
Stanimir Todorov, violonchelo

Dmitri Shostakovich: Trío No. 1, Op. 8
Felix Mendelssohn: Trío No 1 en Re menor
Maurice Ravel: Trío

I got in line at 9:30 AM - the line was at the end of the building -- within 30 minutes it was well around the back of the building. I still was able to receive seating. The performances are about an hour in length. They are well done and well attended. You figure Teatro Colon has 3542 seats and almost all of them are taken for the performances. Say hello if you see me in line. It would be nice to meet others to establish new friendships. Another thought -- perhaps we could all get together after the performance. There is an excellent coffee shop within a block of the Teatro Colon is one idea - perhaps others in this forum have alternative suggestions. All the best. Walter

I can highly recommend the Argentine Navy/Air Force museum in Tigre.
What is nice is that it's not crowded, in fact it was empty when I went so you can browse around for as long as you like.

A taste of regional food and crafts this weekend in La Rural (Jul 6-9) https://plus.google.com/u/2/100955025330922200193/posts/L4L4aTW4uXV

Van Gogh exhibit @ La Usina del Arte, Jul 12 thru Oct 06

https://plus.google.com/u/0/111363127639308435300/posts/4ghdxWcprp7

LA NOCHE DE LOS BARES NOTABLES
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 28, 2022
YOU CAN DOWNLOAD THE PROGRAM ON THIS SITE
Thanks for that, Jan. I knew about the 29th - La Noche de los Teatros - but not about the 28th and Los Bares Notables.

But especially, thank you for highlighting the event by reviving this old thread. In the very first post Webteam/Admin makes a remark with words to the effect that life in Buenos Aires is more than the latest exchange rates and inflation forecasts. I enjoy your Free Concerts series and I love the I Went to see a Band series from @Ries too and this old thread is a timely reminder that there's more to life than what is (or isn't) in the shops.

Thank you

Back