BA Expat Indeed

Diego NC

Registered
Hello everyone! I'm an expat the other way around. I was born and raised in Argentina, lived in BA for about 10 years, then emigrated to the USA and been living in NC for 7 years to-date. The future looks uncertain for me in the States, so I might have to return to Argentina at some point. Then I will feel like an expat again, for I will have to leave behind again everything that is familiar to me. I decided to join this goup to exchange ideas and points of view with people who have gone through similar experiences. I've always been curious to know what goes through the mind of a non-argentinian who choses Argentina to work, live, retire or travel for leisure. I had the pleasure to met many expats back then when I lived in BA; hopefully I'll get to meet some cool folks around here as well to hang out with when I come back to Argentina. Thanks for reading my post, and have a wonderful day!

lots of bitching here from Americans (I know I know) coming from the USA to AR. What are some things you noticed that don't make sense to you about the states?

lots of bitching here from Americans (I know I know) coming from the USA to AR. What are some things you noticed that don't make sense to you about the states?
I had to acquire significant debt to enroll in college. Income taxes, pretty much taxes on everything. Many employers hire illegal immigrants and I don't think they should share the same benefits as those of us who entered this country legally. There are issues on racism, discrimination, police brutality, the right to keep and bear arms and its correlation to shootings. The minimum wage should be raised to $15, and there are so many crazy drivers!

It is important to note that there is a lot of bitching, but that it is only a few USA expats among the many that live in Argentina. Saludos!
Thanks for saying a few amongst many. I love living in Buenos Aires. Pre pandemic, I had a busy and fun life. I love traveling in Argentina. I am waiting patiently, mask on, for life to return to a semblance of what is normal here.

Just interested in hearing more about the tax observations. My tax load increased when I move to AR. Just wondering if you had specifics that could maybe give me a different perspective.

Just interested in hearing more about the tax observations. My tax load increased when I move to AR. Just wondering if you had specifics that could maybe give me a different perspective.
Guess I shouldn't complain too much about taxes; our returns have been pretty generous every year. But with the Trump admnistration the wealthy get more tax cuts than the average working class. I don't know about Argentina, I've been gone for too long like somebody said. I've heard that the tax load is pretty bad there. Maybe you could enlighten us?

Changing residency from the US to Argentina doubles the income tax rate. It could go from 16% to 33%t.

Diego what line of work are you in? Seems to me NC labor market is pretty robust. You complain about illegal immigrants and also about Trump. You may not be happy anywhere at this stage in your life.

Back