BA Expat Indeed

That long ago? And it's only kicking off now...God help us!!

I am going to beat this drum to death! For I truly believe ...

"Politics and economy aside, ARGENTINA is a GREAT COUNTRY!"

There is no other place I enjoy more or feel more at home on this earth.

Have you travelled around the world? Most people, in my experience, whether they live in a shit hole or a palace feel the same way you do. Thus, it seems that it's not the place that's so unique, but one's comfort zone. In fact, when I have to take a dump, I have never found a toilet more comfortable than the one in the bathroom next to my bedroom. I have tried toilets in new york, in Paris, London, Beijing, Tokyo, Mexico city, Santa Cruz de la Sierra, etc. and no one makes me happier than taking a dump in my old toilet. It certainly can't be the toilet, because the one's I sat in Kyoto were out of this world. Clearly, you will most likely never enjoy more or feel more at home than were you have established your comfort zone.

Reactions: Moe
I have had the opportunity to see other parts of the world.

My opinion is based upon my life experience ... what I like and what I do not like. And I would agree that a comfort zone plays into it.

On a separate note: It would be great if the provider of this service offered a "DON'T LIKE - Thumbs Down button." In the instance of your post, I would have applied it based upon how crude you were in expressing your idea. Of course I understand the point you were making, but you really lower yourself when you express yourself the way you did.

You might not care (As I am sure you do not.) and think it is your right to express yourself any way you like ... BUT - You and people like you are a text book example of how the boundaries of society are continually being pushed such that all the world is getting to be a crazier and crazier place as all civility and manners go out the window.

And it strikes another thought ... that simply being ... Do you actually conduct yourself in this manner face to face with people you don't know or have just met? For if you do, you have a gift for turning people off. I can't see you having many fans. And of the ones you may have, well ... birds of a feather flock together.

No I don't have thin skin ... I can tolerate you ... but this was my observation / reaction to what you shared with us.

I wish you well ...

El Tigre,

You have some great posts and contributions, but your writing style hurts my brain! Haha

"..." all over the place, fully capitalized words in the middle of sentences, many question marks and exclamation points.

That being said, I'm no Ernie Hemingway and I'm sure my posts are cluttered with errors as well.

El Tigre,

You have some great posts and contributions, but your writing style hurts my brain! Haha

"..." all over the place, fully capitalized words in the middle of sentences, many question marks and exclamation points.

That being said, I'm no Ernie Hemingway and I'm sure my posts are cluttered with errors as well.
Dear Dougie,

Thank you for your feedback.

I recently got some advice from a prominent poster on the forum regarding some of what you are referring to. Although it was a slightly different, but related point that was mentioned. I believe I have addressed what was shared with me.

Of course, I don't want to make my posts difficult to read or follow along with, so I will try to clean them up a bit. If I can improve, we all win.

Having said that, the reason I do this "..." Is to draw the reader's attention to something I want to stand out. Perhaps there is a better way to go about this, I do not know??? I am very happy to improve. If you can share something with me, please PM me and explain it. I am never against getting better or improving.

Thanks.

Let me chip in. Words in CAPITAL are usually seen as someone shouting/ranting/bullying so can offend. Apart from that your writing style although a tad excitable is fine. We're quite a smart bunch so there's no need to be worried that we may not understand.

Let me chip in. Words in CAPITAL are usually seen as someone shouting/ranting/bullying so can offend. Apart from that your writing style although a tad excitable is fine. We're quite a smart bunch so there's no need to be worried that we may not understand.
Thanks UK. / Will do.

Back