Ba - lima

thomas-french

Registered
hi,
1) is there any other airline flying to Lima other than these three : Lan, Taca and Aerolinas Arg. - which are more expensive than i thought ?

2) and i was wondering, if there are airlines in south america working the same way as low cost in Europe, that is a single trip is half price of a round trip instead of being the same, just like traditional airlines charge.

thanks

thomas-french said:
hi,
1) is there any other airline flying to Lima other than these three : Lan, Taca and Aerolinas Arg. - which are more expensive than i thought ?

2) and i was wondering, if there are airlines in south america working the same way as low cost in Europe, that is a single trip is half price of a round trip instead of being the same, just like traditional airlines charge.

thanks

Lacsa is part of the TACA conglomeration but flies under its own flight numbers; Aerosur and Sky Airline also fly the route - according to Momondo.com

Nobody that I know of is using the European low-cost model here - so maybe there's a business opportunity for you there:)

sky airline, which is a chilean carrier makes a once a day flight between eze and lima, with a connection in Santiago and Antofagasta. The fare is usually about $500 but comes with a few things to keep in mind: They sometimes make you clear customs and immigration in Chile, so if you don't have a Chilean stamp in your passport, you may have to pay the $140 entry fee. This can be a little nerve racking as when I did it and felt like I was running to make the connecting flight because of the tight connection time. The flight from Lim to eze has about a 5+ hour layover in Santiago, which unfortunately is between 1am and 7am. Not enough time to really leave the airport for a hotel. But on the plus side, the planes were nice with good seats and plenty of legroom

Lacsa use TACA planes for the Lima service, even though they have a LACSA flight number

Sky and Aerosur are not direct services

Back