BA, Montevideo, Sao Paulo or Santiago

Hockey_Nut

Registered
I would say that every city is about expensive if you want to have a good life. I would only just want to talk about quality of life and not like job prospects and the like. The weather is pretty similar as well

BA:

Advantage:

No need for a car if you live in the city
Many expats
International city
Most beautifull woman of the 4 cities mentioned
Public transport(Frequency)
Connections to other cities are pretty good
River and Argentine soccer

Disadvantages:

Polution
Public transport
No beach
Dog shit
Argentine woman
Many cartoneros on the streets
No customer service
No respect for the law

Santiago

Advantages:

Truely first world city(more then BA)
Woman are more fun orientated
Beach and snow within 2 hours
Good customer service

Disadvantages:

Close minded for foreigners
Hardly no sun due pollution
Need to have a car(due to snow and beach close)
Very few cute woman
Boring soccer and no Argentine soccer

Montevideo:

Advantages:

Beach
Safe
No tax on world income
Many educated people if you know where to live
Close to Punta

Disadvantages:

Boring and depressing in the winter time
No foreigners
Small city

Sao Paulo:

Advantage

Going out in high class bars
Brazilians
Close to the beach
Great customer service

Disadvantages

Dangerous
Transit
More expensive then the other 3 cities if you want to have a good life
You need to have a car(Also due security reasons)

Shoot :)

Another factor you didn't mention is the quality of government, i.e. level of corruption, efficiency, competence, etc. May not mater to much if you are there for just a few months or a year, but if you are planning to stay permanently definitely something to consider. It can have a very important impact on your quality of life.

Why not live in Disneyworld ? There's more to any city than whether a car is needed or not. Dig deeper.

I have lived in Disney World for 10 years, it's the most generic, uncultured, boring, redundant place to live in the world with the shitiest public transportation known to mankind. Baires 2010 here i come!

MatiArg said:
I have lived in Disney World for 10 years, it's the most generic, uncultured, boring, redundant place to live in the world with the shitiest public transportation known to mankind. Baires 2010 here i come!

I don't know, they have a monorail!

MatiArg said:

who would have thought it, eh? I'll cross Disneyworld off my list then.

gouchobob said:
Another factor you didn't mention is the quality of government, i.e. level of corruption, efficiency, competence, etc. May not mater to much if you are there for just a few months or a year, but if you are planning to stay permanently definitely something to consider. It can have a very important impact on your quality of life.

If I would be investing, migrating or buying a property I would definitly consider it, but lets just focus on quality of life?

Back