BA Real Estate market to take a dive before the end of the year.

The NYTimes has a House Hunting article about a place in Palermo Chico for sale. This is from yesterday’s paper.
The selling price at $1.6 million U$D is most likely out of the average expat budget range. But the article has interesting info on closing
cost, lawyers fees, local taxes etc. I was trying to imagine $1.6 million in cash being pushed across the table from buyer to seller.
A dangerous proposition. Personally I could do without some of the art work in the place, can a buyer ask for a discount if the seller removes the art???

Last edited:
The NYTimes has a House Hunting article about a place in Palermo Chico for sale. This is from yesterday’s paper.
The selling price at $1.6 million U$D is most likely out of the average expat budget range. But the article has interesting info on closing
cost, lawyers fees, local taxes etc. I was trying to imagine $1.6 million in cash being pushed across the table from buyer to seller.
A dangerous proposition. Personally I could do without some of the art work in the place, can a buyer ask for a discount if the seller removes the art???

Pretty pedestrian for that money. I admire the listing agent's ambition.

I think the art is kind of interesting- but obvio, they take the art with, just like they take the appliances and the light fixtures....
This seems pretty high to me- for that kind of money, I would expect a whole floor high up on Edificio Kavanaugh, with terrazos.

I know everyone has different tastes and requirements but I'd have to be completely off my head to pay 1.6M USD on an apartment.

I'd be living in a mansion miles from anyone else with that type of cash.

I know everyone has different tastes and requirements but I'd have to be completely off my head to pay 1.6M USD on an apartment.

I'd be living in a mansion miles from anyone else with that type of cash.
guess it depends. In Buenos Aires, sure. But at 1.6 million, the potential buyers are not necessarily all local. And globally, thats peanuts. The average price of a studio apartment, that is, LESS than 1 bedroom, in Manhattan these days, approaches a million. I believe its currently about $916,000. So if you have somebody who is living in a several million dollar two bedroom in NYC, this might seem reasonable.

Me, I think its high for the market- but it is a nice deco building in a very good location, with 2 parking spaces in the garage. The people who buy expensive apartments on Libertador are not like you and me.

Back