Bahia Blanca

this might sound weird but my favorite thing about Bahia Blanca (and lots of places in rural Argentina) are the horses on 'leashes' tied up on the sides of the highways eating grass. And I like the wild dogs, they are always really sweet here.

Ice cream is the best I have ever had - better than Italy! And they can do pastas really well too.

not international school but I've heard that colegio del solar (http://www.delsolar.com.ar) is a good bilingual school... might work for you

I second the groceries comments.

I hated the parks, good for running but very old looking and depressive

I decent mall, awful cinema (even more terrible for 3d movies)

I found some good restaurants, italian and seafood specificaly.

Nice dry weather (I hate humidity)

Problems with tap water, always drank bottle water

Great for mini roadtrips to Sierra de la Ventana.

I went but just for a wedding, it was pretty quiet but cute, people were really friendly and the bread/pastries there are soo much better than capital (I don't know why but everyone that went down for the wedding plus the groom agree haha)... but as far as living, maybe it would be better as a family but I know the groom of said wedding (born and raised in Buenos Aires) likes the quiet life but on the compromise of spending 2 long weekends in Buenos Aires every month thanks to his job.

sierra de la montana is a great place to get away on weekends if you HAVE TO live in bahia blanca! can do some hiking, stay in nice cabins and just chill!

Back