Bariloche Car Hire

Driving "stick" is more natural to me than automatic, ice is no bother either. I would nearly look fwd to it.

glad you can drive manual... I had a tough time with a rented car sliding through the city with a bus on my bottom

forgive my english blackout and just don't make fun of me :(

We have an automatic now, I do enjoy it but I grew up with manual. Just whatever you're used to.

Your english is great !

I am going in Feb and this is the place where I'm staying (Hosteria Las Marianas - anyone heard of it?). I asked them about car rentals. They told me "podemos ofrecerte un Chevrolet Corsa 4 puertas full a 460 pesos diarios con 250km diarios. El 7mo dia sin costo!"

Too bad I'm only staying 6 days!!! Is this a good deal for Bariloche car hires? We're going to San Martin for 2 nights, then back to just do the smaller drives, so I think after 6 days we'll average out the 250km thing. Anyway let me know, or if you know of any better offers!! Thanks!

That's not a great car, we had a VW Suran, 2000 for 4 days with unlimited mileage. Far nicer car, much more comfortable, better engine etc. Good boot for the luggage too. Depending where you drive you might have to come off the main road to explore some sights, in a Corsa that won't be enormously enjoyable. I really can't remember which we used, but there are 4 local companies listed on the first page of this thread. Try them would be my advice.

thanks so much for your advice, i will take it! I don't even think about things like the make/model of a car, so glad you told me about that. Where did you rent from Dublin2BuenosAires?

I am going in Feb and this is the place where I'm staying (Hosteria Las Marianas - anyone heard of it?). I asked them about car rentals. They told me "podemos ofrecerte un Chevrolet Corsa 4 puertas full a 460 pesos diarios con 250km diarios. El 7mo dia sin costo!"

Too bad I'm only staying 6 days!!! Is this a good deal for Bariloche car hires? We're going to San Martin for 2 nights, then back to just do the smaller drives, so I think after 6 days we'll average out the 250km thing. Anyway let me know, or if you know of any better offers!! Thanks!

I have not stayed at Las Marianas, but a friend who runs an adventure travel agency frequently lodges his overseas guests there, and says they come away very satisfied.

thanks so much for your advice, i will take it! I don't even think about things like the make/model of a car, so glad you told me about that. Where did you rent from Dublin2BuenosAires?

I was trying to remember but my brain fails me, it was however from one of ajokblah's...4 recommendations on the previous page. The owner is a young guy called Ezequiel, really sound fella.

I'm checking all the tarifas on those pages and comparing.... thanks again Dublin!

Back