Bed Bugs.

The company seems reliable and explained that bed bugs sense and are attracted to the carbon dioxide we expel and that they will need to fumigate twice. They also told me to wash my clothes with vinegar.

I took my sheets to a lavandería to wash in hot water but they don't have hot water but a dyer they do have. I will definitely iron them afterwards.

I can't afford a new mattress right now, so I will have to try and starve the little bastards with the bed bug mattress cover I bought bought when I was last abroad. Geesh. And I thought that fleas were bad but this is disgusting. Thank you for the tip to call 147. I'd forgotten that it was an option.

The company seems reliable and explained that bed bugs sense and are attracted to the carbon dioxide we expel and that they will need to fumigate twice. They also told me to wash my clothes with vinegar.

I took my sheets to a lavandería to wash in hot water but they don't have hot water but a dyer they do have. I will definitely iron them afterwards.

I can't afford a new mattress right now, so I will have to try and starve the little bastards with the bed bug mattress cover I bought bought when I was last abroad. Geesh. And I thought that fleas were bad but this is disgusting. Thank you for the tip to call 147. I'd forgotten that it was an option.

I just saw a tv show last week that said that bed bugs can go a year without eating :(

I tried to call 147 but due to the high volume of calls no one answers the phone and I don't have time to go to the nearest GCP. Luckily I found the part of their website where you can email in a request for just about anything under the sun, for those who might need to contact CGP in the future.

https://reclamos.buenosaires.gob.ar/suaci/index

Hey there, you can also use a steam iron on your mattress in lieu of getting a new one. Just get all sides and make sure you get the edges and corners very well. The high temp cooks them.

I would make sure that you use duct tape to seal up all the zippers and seams on the mattress protector!

ew been there done that when I lived in the Caribbean. The mattress looked to be about as old as I am, made my land lord replace it and fumigate, it was a pretty quick fix although I spent the week at a friends house because I was too grossed out. good luck!

The thing is, the mattress is only 4 years old. The fumigators arrive in an hour and I'll find out what they suggest.

They easily spread to carpet, couch, etc. Be sure to address other possible habitats.

Okay so the fumigator came. I put the cat in the car because the spray he was using is very toxic and he put on a gas mask and sprayed everything: floors, pillows, couch, cushions, suitcases, chairs, etc. he told me to wash all my clothes in hot water with vinegar. I wento to five lavanderias and no one uses hot water. Finally I found an industrial place that washes sheets for hotels and the owner is going to boil my sheets. But he refused to wash my clothes in hot water because he doesn't want me to complain that they're ruined. Fine, cold water but I insisted on a hot dryer. I'm going to iron all of them afterwards in order to apply more heat and steam. The fumigator is going to do another treatment in two weeks at $480 per treatment. He didn't find bed bugs in my mattress, but there were a ton of adult ones in the sommier and said with the treatment I'd still ne able to use the bed. Uck. No way. He showed them to me and I freaked out. I have to figure out how to get rid of the bed. I called 147 and no one answers due to high call volume so I sent an emal. It could take weeks before they send someone.

Back