Best Cell Phone Carrier? Moviestar Or Claro?

I have an iphone and I use Claro. The internet can sometimes be a little slow but overall its better than Movistar. If you dont have your residence or "DNI", you wont be able to sign a contract with Movistar or Personal. Claro does let you sign a contract with your passport.

use "Personal" pre paid for past 2 yrs on my iphone.

99% satisfied with minor blemishes here or there. I am not sure whats the fuss about.

Rarely ever feel frustrated with the service. And I do not find it worse or better that prepaid services in USA or Europe.

My advice for all who are really unsatisfied with the service of their provider (so actually all cell users):

Give them a call and complain heavily about the bad service, signal, internet, etc. and threat that you are going to cancel your contract due to that. What they will do is offer you a discount.

I have a Personal contract and i got to the point where I was so fed up with the slow mobile internet that I called them and did that.
This made the bad service at least a little cheaper.

i'm using movistar and they're not great, i did find out i could tether through them using clockwork mod tether.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.koushikdutta.tether

I used Movistar for years and then when I got an iPhone the signal kept dropping. It turns out they have problems with their antennas in Caballito. I switched to Personal and don't lose the signal quite as often. There's not much difference between Movistar, Personal or Claro. None of them are good. A lot of the time it depends on the area you live in. When I had Movistar my iPhone worked perfectly in Zona Norte and Microcentro. Almost every other Latin American country is using faster, more advanced technology then Argentina and until it catches up with the rest of the world the service and speed will continue to be bad.

Movistar were okish when my problems were limited to spending a fortune on calling other mobiles. As mentioned before they regularly have double and triple your credit days which makes calling cheaper.

I now use an iphone with movistar. Coverage and download speeds are miserable. Their 3G service is horrible, and I can't ever rely on it when I'm out and about. I'd change, but the hassle involved looks unappealing, and I've had the same number for years. Can't commend on Personal and Claro, most of the people I know are on Movistar and with standard packages they offer free calls between movistar phones. Might be worth finding out which network your main contacts are with and going with that.

I have an iphone and I use Claro. The internet can sometimes be a little slow but overall its better than Movistar. If you dont have your residence or "DNI", you wont be able to sign a contract with Movistar or Personal. Claro does let you sign a contract with your passport.
interesting what you say about Claro. I tried to open an account without having a DNI about 2 months ago and they refused. Maybe it varies according to the store (I went to one on Rivadavia in Caballito).

Adri and her son are on Personal contracts and I'm on Moviestar prepaid.
We're going to take out a family pack with Moviestar which seems to be the lesser of three evils.

Back