Best country to move to when life in Argentina becomes intolerable

Do people just live in BA because it’s cheap? A more expensive COL doesn’t warrant fleeing a wonderful city.
Everyone for sure has more than one reason to live where he lives, but the price of lifestyle someone expects is for sure deciding factor. I'm sure many places are much cheaper already in Argentina, and expats don't live there. Fact is many have certain amount of money they can't change, so some will have to find other options, col doubles.

Do people just live in BA because it’s cheap? A more expensive COL doesn’t warrant fleeing a wonderful city.
A great many local expats are bottom feeders and are here because it is the cheapest place they could live on a fixed income. The fact that rising salaries benefiting locals would mean rising prices made them completely opposed to any sort of positive change. Vietnam offers a similarly closed, subsidized economy, although there is a bit of culture shock involved.

A great many local expats are bottom feeders and are here because it is the cheapest place they could live on a fixed income. The fact that rising salaries benefiting locals would mean rising prices made them completely opposed to any sort of positive change. Vietnam offers a similarly closed, subsidized economy, although there is a bit of culture shock involved.
Not all, but many of these types of expats hangout together anyway. It seems if that’s their social scene, local culture is irrelevant. I would advise anyone that wants predictably cheap to not put Argentina at the top of the list.

If you like hot and humid then South East Asia. Milder, Balkans that aren’t in the EU + Georgia and Armenia. Most of the other cheap parts of Latin America are for those that are too cheap to pay for safety.

Vietnam? I lived for a decade in both Thailand and Cambodia...both are way cheaper than Argentina and require a lot of culture change to adapt....but I loved it. I am assuming you never stayed long in Vietnam because unless you are working there they do not give residency or retirement visas....I visited Vietnam many times, however.
Both Thailand and Cambodia have retirement visas.

Vietnam? I lived for a decade in both Thailand and Cambodia...both are way cheaper than Argentina and require a lot of culture change to adapt....but I loved it. I am assuming you never stayed long in Vietnam because unless you are working there they do not give residency or retirement visas....I visited Vietnam many times, however.
I thought Vietnam one of those places it’s so cheap that you never really need a more established legal status than a tourist visa, and flights to neighboring countries are dirt cheap when you need to renew.

I thought Vietnam one of those places it’s so cheap that you never really need a more established legal status than a tourist visa, and flights to neighboring countries are dirt cheap when you n

I thought Vietnam one of those places it’s so cheap that you never really need a more established legal status than a tourist visa, and flights to neighboring countries are dirt cheap when you need to renew.
Not true at all....visa runs, as they are called, have limits in Vietnam...as they do in Thailand...but Thailand has retirement visas.

Both Thailand and Cambodia have retirement visas.
Used to be able to renew your Vietnam tourist visa 2 months at a time and hop on your moto to Cambodia for the weekend every few months when they wouldn't let you renew in country. No idea if that's changed. I can't recall ever meeting anyone who actually had a legal visa, but that was 10 years ago. Maybe they've gotten stricter.

Cambodia used to give a long term visa to anybody with 300 bucks.

Used to be able to renew your Vietnam tourist visa 2 months at a time and hop on your moto to Cambodia for the weekend every few months when they wouldn't let you renew in country. No idea if that's changed. I can't recall ever meeting anyone who actually had a legal visa, but that was 10 years ago. Maybe they've gotten stricter.

no

Good Lord that's a snobbish post. Most Americans won't even consider living overseas no matter how difficult their retirement circumstances. Anyone who looks at retirement places touted online rarely sees Argentina listed as an option and even then usually it's Buenos Aires. Hats off to anyone savvy enough to figure out that Argentina had a significant advantage over other places with the Western Union rate. Bottom feeders. Keeping up with the Jones's alive and well in Argentina?

Back